Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

I saw the same sign/notice, looks like hoarding construction and excavation will take place at the same time. So excavation gets underway from tomorrow. When the hoarding for the Roy's Square entrance is complete the pathway will re-open.

I saw the same sign/notice, looks like hoarding construction and excavation will take place at the same time. So excavation gets underway from tomorrow. When the hoarding for the Roy's Square entrance is complete the pathway will re-open.

I don't quite get it, how can they keep that pathway open to the Xerox building (and why) during excavation?

The shoring has officially started.

Right-On..Finally
e5000533.gif

I don't quite get it, how can they keep that pathway open to the Xerox building (and why) during excavation?

It sounds stupid to me too. Possibly the city is mandating they keep it open during excavation.

I'm hoping for a swinging rope bridge, wooden slats - some of them dangerously thin - an insistent, tension-filled soundtrack, increasing peril with every step, frayed twine, and a breathless, triumphant moment as you reach the subway station doors just as the bridge collapses. Now that's commuting!

"Wow". This has been a long time coming!

There will be an entrance through One Bloor to the Xerox building. But I expect that to be once One Bloor is completed. I really doubt that link will be open during construction.

Hurray!!!

So anyone want to guess what page we will be on by the time this project TOPS OUT? We are at 157 now, so I am gonna guess at least 400.

There's no way it'll be keep open during the entire excavation process. Most likely it'll be keep open during shoring and then during for a short time as they excavate some of the land around it.

Back