Member Bio
Reaction score
Some fog pic's from last Friday

IMG_4369.jpeg
IMG_4383.jpeg

ushahid

Member Bio
Reaction score
One bloor has been the tallest building in the neighborhood for 4 years and will be the tallest for another 2-3 years, no apartments facing the mechanical. I dont understand why city is not letting them light up the mechanical and if it causes light pollution just dim it but atleast light it up.

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
will be the tallest for another 2-3 years
I think you're underestimating how quickly The One's steel frame might rise.

condovo

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't think Toronto is against lighting generally or against lighting at One Bloor specifically. I think One Bloor is delaying or hasn't finished its lighting scheme for whatever reason. I'm sure it's coming soon.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't think Toronto is against lighting generally or against lighting at One Bloor specifically. I think One Bloor is delaying or hasn't finished its lighting scheme for whatever reason. I'm sure it's coming soon.
Great Gulf has absolutely dropped the ball here. Last time I enquired the response I got was "well, we're not really planning to do it anymore." I'm not sure it's the old Great Gulf anymore. I did tell them that people still cared.

Last edited:

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Words like 'against' or prefixes like 'anti' aren't the right way to think about these things. That said, the City certainly doesn't encourage or suggest adventurous lighting ideas and definitely do try and tone down most of what is proposed.

noahthewale

Member Bio
Reaction score
Bit of an odd post, but bear with me on this. There is something on/near the crown that looks like a person, but it's been there for ages so I doubt it's actually real.

I finally decided to take a closer look, and it really does look like a human outline. My working theory is that it's some leftover tarp but I'm interested to see what other thoughts people might have.

IMG_9517.JPG
crop1.jpg
crop2.jpg

crop3.jpg

Attachments

• crop4.jpg
    crop4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 9

UrbanOzz

Member Bio
Reaction score
weird. maybe the home owner or tenant put up a silhouette as decor there deliberately? People speed like crazy on my street so i was thinking of buying a cutout of a traffic cop holding a speed gun and just putting it by the curb in the mornings.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
Bit of an odd post, but bear with me on this. There is something on/near the crown that looks like a person, but it's been there for ages so I doubt it's actually real.

I finally decided to take a closer look, and it really does look like a human outline. My working theory is that it's some leftover tarp but I'm interested to see what other thoughts people might have.
That person would be relatively small if you referenced the size of the disputed figure with the balcony below. Also see: Pareidolia.

Last edited: