Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Nice reflection of the sky this evening.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,238
With the frosted balconies, the sunset is going to look like a watercolour against this cladding. Looks superb!

Thanks! That one and the first two are from the Chester Hill lookout a few blocks north of Broadview station. Quite a nice view of the city from there.

2nd pic of Marcus' really isolates the Yorkville cluster in a great way, especially with the greenery in the foreground ridding of all distractions. It really could stand in for a small city, and I'm sure most Torontonians wouldn't recognize shots like these without the CN tower. The gap between One Bloor and Four Seasons is begging to be filled in with the proposals marked for the area. One can hope that we get an interesting roofline or two for at least one of those towers (The original 37 Yorkville proposal called for slanted fins but were scrapped).
To those worried about the colour of the balcony cladding, look no further to those pics as a testament for the need of some contrasting colour. The waves are not visible from afar without them.

2nd pic of Marcus' really isolates the Yorkville cluster in a great way, especially with the greenery in the foreground ridding of all distractions. It really could stand in for a small city, and I'm sure most Torontonians wouldn't recognize shots like these without the CN tower. The gap between One Bloor and Four Seasons is begging to be filled in with the proposals marked for the area. One can hope that we get an interesting roofline or two for at least one of those towers (The original 37 Yorkville proposal called for slanted fins but were scrapped).
To those worried about the colour of the balcony cladding, look no further to those pics as a testament for the need of some contrasting colour. The waves are not visible from afar without them.

To add, 80% of those buildings did not exist 5 years ago. That part of the skyline was pretty barren.

I just love how it bows out like that!! You can't tell in person but definitely from an aerial shot like that. The only thing we don't like is the balcony glass. At all. Everyone seems to love it, however. We think complimentary mirrored or tinted would have looked superior here.

Back