Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 2,032
Way back when I was a kid aka, the Stone Age, all we really had was downtown, which consisted of anything south of queen......I remember my grandmother, who was born and lived her entire life in Toronto (just off Broadview, across from the Don jail to be exact), use to refer to anything north of Yonge and Bloor as "the country"! Lol! My how times have changed..we now have the South Core, the downtown aka the central business district, midtown, and uptown, as far north as Yonge and Sheppard. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around know that "downtown" goes that far north now. I can easily see, in time, Yonge, Bay, University, etc (all north/south streets) one giant downtown core. Just find it amazing at how fast we're running out of land, so we just keep extending that core further north. And with the completion of the Eglinton and St Clair cross town LRT's, it's easy to see why so many are now willing to live further north...sounds absurd, but these are the times I wish to god I could have a glimpse of this city in 50 years from now, can you imagine how it will look? I just pray they've grown some common sense and built more public infrastructure before allowing one more single condo from going up. What good is having so many skyscrapers if there's nowhere for the residents of these new homes to shop, eat, go to school, find health care without waiting for ever?

Last edited:
Agreed. My favorite is the cheeky signature he leaves in the pictures ie. the woman's bag on the first picture.

Taller than Aura from St. Clair now. I wonder when (if?) it'll pass Four Seasons from this angle.

IMG_0618.JPG

by me.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 938

Back