Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Awesome. I was walking east on Bloor just a few hours ago and, right around Holt's, I was looking up past Stollery's trying to imagine the impact this building is going to have. It's going to be awesome, I think.

I'm not sure if this was already known but I've never heard it come up in discussion. One Bloor will be full curtain wall and steel framed according to Tucker Hi-Rise President Michael McGrath.

[video=youtube;R73GX7ijH_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R73GX7ijH_Y[/video]

Will the steel start from the very bottom or will the parking levels be concrete? Any one know?

...One Bloor will be full curtain wall...

Not possible with balconies. The portion that rises between the balconies may be entirely curtain wall. However, I feel that is a misleading use of the word "Full".

Best pics I could get of them pouring concrete for the crane base.

1ba24a.jpg

1ba24b.jpg

The second picture above is probably the best one I've seen for showing just how deep the pit is.

In two or three years when this is up over 70 floors, I'm hoping for another Tomms photo overlooking the core. :D

I did an unscientific calculation by laying a grid over the photo and seeing how many of that port-a-potty in the corner I could stack on top of each other. I used 8ft as a height for the potty and I could stack 8 on top of each other, which gave a pit depth of 64 feet or 20 metres.

Last edited:
I did an unscientific calculation by laying a grid over the photo and seeing how many of that port-a-potty in the corner I could stack on top of each other. I used 8ft as a height for the potty and I could stack 8 on top of each other, which gave a pit depth of 64 feet or 20 metres.

A port a potty is not 8 ft tall. My standing reach is a little above 8 ft and that would be significantly above the height of these traveling toilettes. Seven feet us more realistic, hence a depth of 56 ft or just over 17 metres.

Edit: I looked up the dimensions of a standard port a potty. (How obsessive compulsive is that?). The height of a standard one is 83" or 6'11" or 2.10 metres. Now there is a piece of information that will stick with me long after I forget mire useful information.

Last edited:

Back