Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

According to another guy I talked to today they are putting the caissons in now because if they excavate any deeper they wouldn't be able to get that machine up the ramp. He also said they will be excavating down another 20ft. The hole will accomodate 6 levels of underground parking, room for the elevator shafts and a 6ft concrete pad.

1bj9b.jpg

a 6ft concrete slab! that is huge! and steveve, I doubt this will reach ground level by the end of 2012. they will be lucky to have a crane up by the end of august..

a 6ft concrete slab! that is huge! and steveve, I doubt this will reach ground level by the end of 2012. they will be lucky to have a crane up by the end of august..

Considering they still have to excavate another 20 feet, the end of August is much too optimistic for the crane to go up. I estimate late this year for the crane, and sometime early 2014 to reach ground level.

Considering they still have to excavate another 20 feet, the end of August is much too optimistic for the crane to go up. I estimate late this year for the crane, and sometime early 2014 to reach ground level.

I remember looking at different projects in terms of time it takes to reach ground level from the date of mounting a crane: it usually takes between 6-9 months. So, if crane is there late this year, I would expect them to reach ground late summer or early fall of 2013.

What, 18 months from the time the crane goes up to the time it reaches ground level:confused:.....i dont know about that, id say it hits ground-level by the middle of next summer.

Nothing ever seems to change with this project. It's been a hole in the ground for 6 months. When is occupancy slated for? 2015 or 2016?

^Haha no I am not a troll . I have been lurking on this forum for a few months and am a big fan of it! I finally bit the bullet and joined. I just am curious as to the background info behind some of these projects.

Look what I found. Taken in Sept. 23.1994. The Yonge train heading north. Directly under what is now 33 Bloor East.

Photo by Jeremy Gilbert - 1994

Attachments

• 5839002375_ae6e581eae.jpg
    5839002375_ae6e581eae.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Look what I found. Taken in Sept. 23.1994. The Yonge train heading north. Directly under what is now 33 Bloor East.

Photo by Jeremy Gilbert - 1994

At that time and for about 8 months one could stand around the middle of the Yonge platform, look up and see the Bay store and the Bay tower which was strange. If memory serves it was when the Xerox building was under construction.

Back