Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Just as we all knew...

“I think it was indicative of the success of the project that we decided to add more floors,†said Gerofsky. “We were being conservative when we launched, but certainly the possibility of going higher was always in the back of our minds.â€

right from the horses "mouth". Even 70 floors is conservative considering:
- they have approval to go higher,
- a good portion of the project had already sold before they even owned it AND
- they sure as heck have the location.

What the heck were they worried about?

I think builders of suburban homes should not get involved with iconic locations in the heart of the city. It's bad for us and them.

So?

Just as we all knew...

“I think it was indicative of the success of the project that we decided to add more floors,†said Gerofsky. “We were being conservative when we launched, but certainly the possibility of going higher was always in the back of our minds.â€

right from the horses "mouth". Even 70 floors is conservative considering:
- they have approval to go higher,
- a good portion of the project had already sold before they even owned it AND
- they sure as heck have the location.

What the heck were they worried about?

I think builders of suburban homes should not get involved with iconic locations in the heart of the city. It's bad for us and them.

I agree with you...so does that mean were 'definitely' seeing more floors?

I agree with you...so does that mean were 'definitely' seeing more floors?

I think I read that article somewhere (The Star?), they did add already if I read it correctly. The podium is five floors and the tower is now 70 floors which equals 75 floors.

http://gallery.me.com/jkazmierski#101697

Did you guys get links to the photos already?

_MG_8603.jpg

web.jpg

Here is the press release, also a fact sheet and photos attached

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/July2011/15/c5610.html

Last edited:
Off topic but I must register my anger. WTF is Doug Ford doing there? It's not his ward, he is NOT the Mayor. GTFO!

/rant.

On a positive note, I'm so glad that the endless dead end proposals have come to an end. End.End.End. I think I broke some sort of record for use of the word "end".

70 stories. Yay!

Off topic but I must register my anger. WTF is Doug Ford doing there? It's not his ward, he is NOT the Mayor. GTFO!

/rant.

On a positive note, I'm so glad that the endless dead end proposals have come to an end. End.End.End. I think I broke some sort of record for use of the word "end".

70 stories. Yay!

LOL. Well there are times when I think Doug Ford is the mayor.

/rant.

That's the first thing I zoomed in on when I saw the photos on the front page! I presume the driver of the Mayormobile couldn't be located to haul His Worship up to the site.

/rant.

70 stories. Yay!

Who the hell cares if Doug Ford was there or not..this thread is about One Bloor, and last posts about this development finally breaking ground..take the bitching to the proper thread...and there are many.

Sorry about this all, this is quite uncalled for, but: Doug Ford?
The way Kristyn-Wong Tam is holding that shovel, I bet she's musing on just how quickly she could get him under the gravel out back, if no-one noticed.

"Say, Doug, I wanted to compliment you..."
"Really? On What?"
"Your smooth moves as of late. A rookie like me - well, you might not believe it, but I'm learning all sorts of things just by watching you."
"Really?"
"Yes...now...I'm just gonna step out back here... over here...that's right - and have a smoke..."
"Why Thanks, Kristyn, I..." *thwack*!
(gravelly noises)

Oh - great to see this thing has finally broken ground. It's been such an intense ten-year foreplay session, I'm quite exhausted. But....yes, er.....good to see.

Last edited:

Back