Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

Looks like the construction trailer and toilets have been parked on the south side of the property. Were these always here or have they just arrived? Power is hooked up to them as well.

Looks like the construction trailer and toilets have been parked on the south side of the property. Were these always here or have they just arrived? Power is hooked up to them as well.

They've been there for quite some time.

so......I guess they're waiting for ......the summer equinox? a particular phase of the moon? someone to free up a crane?

They would have a long wait for an equinox in the summer. There are only equinoxes in the Spring or Fall. The summer has a solstice.

:p

The original probably would have been built by now :(, and left behind an eyesore of a lot... oh wait, THAT might have been an eyesore (though i was hoping it would turn out good), i guess it was eyesore either way,

ok, I am completely fed up!

Lets just do it ourselves! Who is with me?

I will be there today at 5pm. I will have a small snow shovel. I will be digging or otherwise stabbing at the ground.

This should inspire Great Gulf, or shame them, into immediately starting this project.

ok, I am completely fed up!

Lets just do it ourselves! Who is with me?

I will be there today at 5pm. I will have a small snow shovel. I will be digging or otherwise stabbing at the ground.

This should inspire Great Gulf, or shame them, into immediately starting this project.

I'll be there. I'm fairly familiar with the design (from drawing it so often) and I was pretty good at building with Lego as a kid, so I will be of some help.

Hey everyone,
Been visiting the forums for a while now but never registered!
Thought I would post this video about the One Bloor sales centre:
[video=youtube;GhR9d7-iwS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhR9d7-iwS0[/video]

^Fascinating.

All that work and expense to make it look like a bathroom from 2001 A Space Odyssey.

I agree, fascinating!
Sad how all that hard work will be (most likely) destroyed once the sales centre closes, please correct me if i am wrong on that one,

Back