1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
The Ballroom does appear to be a bowling alley. They have put up posters all over downtown. White with various symbols related to bowling, such as the turkey, the spare, and the strike.
See example here:

2010.11.09%20-%20The%20Ballroom.jpg

Well JasonParis said he saw what appeared to be bowling lanes, and then you see the name of the place, and these posters. My guess is bowling alley :p It is something downtown doesn't have, but I'm not so sure if the location is right.

Well JasonParis said he saw what appeared to be bowling lanes, and then you see the name of the place, and these posters. My guess is bowling alley :p It is something downtown doesn't have, but I'm not so sure if the location is right.

Really? Seems like a perfect choice ... the only thing better would maybe be in Dundas square (on top of the AMC or what not).

Really? Seems like a perfect choice ... the only thing better would maybe be in Dundas square (on top of the AMC or what not).

Hey--better still, back to the future. Replacing World's Biggest Bookstore

The real highlight is that the place will have table tennis! Now that's a totally underserved niche, and I'm thrilled someone is doing something about it. Finally a place where I'll be able to pick up using my ball skills ;)

Time for the north-west corner of Queen and Spadina to get something appropriate built there. The existing building is such a piece of garbage that I'm amazed it was ever approved.

Is it the lower Spadina version of Winners on Bloor? (As opposed to Winners on Spadina, of course.)

A new bowling alley? A Dollarama? Looks like the "Entertainment District" is nicely adapting to the the new influx of indigents at Richmond and Peter. I suppose we can expect a Cash Money where Speaker's Corner used to be.

Back