1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 376     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
^It does. For example, 24 October 2010 (today) as I marched down Yonge St from St Clair to Bloor, I wondered what this development is all about?

dsc01411kh.jpg

dsc01412u.jpg

7 November 2010: Please Kill Me.

Site is for sale, time to go highrise, eh? GG/aA, you listening? :D

dsc01665.jpg

Just north of the site (Spadina north of Queen W for those clueless) this tear down has diggers on site, trying to remember what's happening here?

dsc01666w.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the old Montana's location at John & Richmond is becoming a bowling alley! At least that's what I think I saw when I walked by (and the door was open).

More info (but not much) here: www.theballroom.ca

Are you basing it on the name ? :)

That could be a dance hall as well ... you know what though - I'd love a bowling ally, correct me if I'm wrong but are there any whatsoever downtown ?

The old MINI dealership on King Street West is going to be a new Patagonia store. Can't remember if anyone mentioned it previously or not.

This is the new Tim Horton's automated ordering terminal. There are only 2 in Canada right now (the other one is in Barrie) and they will be rolled out depending on popularity. You place and pay for your order here and then go to a dedicated counter person to pick it up. This one is at Bay & Wellesley.

autotim.jpg

I've long thought Tim Hortons should do something to automate their ordering, but I'm not sure this is the solution.

It seems to me like 90% of their customers in the morning are ordering the exactly same thing they do almost every day. Some kind of smart card where you could select your 'default' order online and then just swipe it at a store kiosk or the drive-thru would be helpful.

7 November 2010: Please Kill Me.

Site is for sale, time to go highrise, eh? GG/aA, you listening? :D

dsc01665.jpg

Just north of the site (Spadina north of Queen W for those clueless) this tear down has diggers on site, trying to remember what's happening here?

dsc01666w.jpg

Blockbuster Video until earlier this year, I think. Before that, a Canada Post outlet.

Hortons would have been better off investing money into making better tasting coffee.

Hortons would have been better off investing money into making better tasting coffee.

You'd think so, but then again, since every Tim Horton's I know of seems to be lined up to the door 24/7, it probably makes sense from their perspective not to change the product, but to speed up efficiency.

I'm not sure this kiosk is the solution, though, many people don't like interacting with machines very much. Funny how opposite the experience in this situation is compared to what many want from a quality indie coffee shop, which is 1. amazing tasting coffee and 2. a friendly barrista, not an electronic terminal.

Back