1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 926     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
The spot in First Canadian Place formerly occupied by the Madison shoe store is being converted into a Lindt chocolate store.

Very sad about Nicholas Hoare bookstore closing. Admittedly, I didn't buy a lot of books there, but I did like perusing their shelves and admiring coffee table books in the store--a most appealing space. Also, Canstage used to hold their Theatre Group (kind-of a book club-like discussion of a currently-running play) in the store, and I have attended a few of these sessions in years past.

What will become of the space? Hopefully something nice, like a quality restaurant or something. The nearby Winners, for example, is just such a waste of that location and the beautiful buildings down there on Front.

http://torontoist.com/2013/02/bookshop-nicholas-hoare-closing-this-spring-after-42-years/

This is the Rolex HQ building at St. Clair & Deer Park.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4V 3B7

Ward 22: St. Paul's

Application#: 13 121332 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Feb 19, 2013

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display nine wall signs, two illuminated, on the southerly elevation of first storey, in conjunction with a retail jewellery store. **Rolex**

This is the Rolex HQ building at St. Clair & Deer Park.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4V 3B7

Ward 22: St. Paul's

Application#: 13 121332 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Feb 19, 2013

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display nine wall signs, two illuminated, on the southerly elevation of first storey, in conjunction with a retail jewellery store. **Rolex**

Fascinating! So this would truly be the first free standing store in Canada, no?

Ardene at Yonge & Charles is for rent.

Probably because they opened a huge one at the Hudson's Bay Centre nearby (replacing the Hallmark/Laura Secord). Not sure who's replacing the old Ardene across from the new store.

Any idea what/who's moving into Bay/Adelaide PATH? Some stores opened and closed in very short period, and now the whole big area is under construction. I think it must be some big shot going in cause they only have the $$ to get rid of smaller stores and with such big construction.

Any idea what/who's moving into Bay/Adelaide PATH? Some stores opened and closed in very short period, and now the whole big area is under construction. I think it must be some big shot going in cause they only have the $$ to get rid of smaller stores and with such big construction.

All of those stores, and the underground parking underneath, were closed for the construction of the new Bay Adelaide East tower.

All of those stores, and the underground parking underneath, were closed for the construction of the new Bay Adelaide East tower.

Oooh, that's good to know. But when on earth did they made those stores, lease to those retailers for less than a year? Why'd the retailers even bothered to rent that area for only a few months??

That's presumably why they had trouble leasing all the units on that stretch.

A lot of them were national retailers - that have locations in other Brookfield Buildings. Benix - the luggage company recently opened a new store in HBC complex (a Brookfieldn building). There could have been demolition clauses in each lease with remedies to other locations etc... As a national landlord Brookfield is in a decent position to negotiate leases not just for one property but on a more national basis.

Back