1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 927     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 358     0 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
Oh, that's good to hear. I occasionally go in Mamma's and was said to see it go.

Same here. It's been our go-to for office pizza; in fact, we ordered just two days before they closed up. I have a craving for one of their slices about once every other month, and it's nice to know they may be back.

I think this is the old Tutti Frutti candy store at the corner of Yonge/Carlton. This is the 3rd new 7-11 in the area in the past few weeks.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO M5B 1T3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 295163 ZSV 00 ZR Accepted Date: Dec 18, 2012

Project: Non-Residential Building Sign

Description: Proposal to erect and display an illuminated static copy wall sign above the allowable 4.5 metres in height, at the weserly elevation of the building in conjunction with a new convenience store to operate on the premises. **7-11**

Last edited:
I think this is the old Tutti Frutti candy store at the corner of Yonge/College. This is the 3rd new 7-11 in the area in the past few weeks.

TORONTO M5B 1T3

Description: Proposal to erect and display an illuminated static copy wall sign above the allowable 4.5 metres in height, at the weserly elevation of the building in conjunction with a new convenience store to operate on the premises. **7-11**
So, this one, and the one at Yonge & Dundas. Which one is the third one?

so why the heck then did they close that one just north of yonge and college a year or two ago? i think it's an A&W now

Menchie's will opening new locations soon @ 474 Yonge St (just north of Grenville), 531 Danforth Ave (w of Pape), & 518 St. Clair (base of new 530 st clair condo).

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/01/31/haymishe-bagel-shop-fire/

‘I’m going to make it better’: Owners to rebuild Haymishe Bagel Shop after devastating fire

Jodee Brown | Jan 31, 2013 12:25 AM ET

I’m going to put an ad in the newspaper and tell the customers how the process of rebuilding the place is going now. We’re going to rebuild. This is showing me a new path. I’ve learned. I’m going to make it better, easier to work. It’s going to be nice. I’m going to open it and I’m going to invite the community to come and you’re going to see something you’ve never seen in your life. I hope to reopen within a year.

so why the heck then did they close that one just north of yonge and college a year or two ago? i think it's an A&W now

Usually if a store closes and reopens nearby it's a landlord / lease issue (i.e. landlord has jacked up rent or old space too small).

Should read 'Bulk Barn'

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 4L8

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 118076 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Feb 11, 2013

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to retail store. Tenant - "ulk Barn". onvenience address - 120 FRONT ST E.

I think this is the old Tutti Frutti candy store at the corner of Yonge/Carlton. This is the 3rd new 7-11 in the area in the past few weeks.

TORONTO M5B 1T3

It's not the old Tutti Frutti space (don't beleive it has been re-leased yet), but 437 Yonge St is just down from there (sorta mid-block)...streetview has it as a show store.

Looks like Bulk Barn is building on their success at Yonge & College and expanding in the downtown core.

Anyone know what took the space (if anything) in College Park (where DeBours) used to be ?

Back