Richmond Hill NEXT at Elgin East | ?m | 10s | Sequoia Grove Homes | BDP Quadrangle

Was this public information? Do you have an article you could share. Just interesting the builder would pay the city of Richmond hill for a ball park.
It's standard practice for a municipality to ask for community benefits when a developer asks for more density. Assuming the Planning Department agrees that the additional density is not an issue, then the municipality then takes something from their wish list of capital improvements, and looks to get it funded in return for allowing the density. The idea is that every new resident requires services of varying natures, and by chipping away at the wish list through various projects, the municipality gradually acquires all of the services that are deemed to be currently insufficient. Without the community benefit charges, the municipality would have to raise taxes to cover the projects, and they hate doing that, preferring to ding new residents (via the developers) for the cost.

Pictures From this weekend
BA4DDE15-AFC8-4B95-8FBB-CB7FDDA2AEB6.jpeg
E2CB68C5-78BA-4B98-9A55-A4BF63340AFF.jpeg
54568742-1D19-4251-B944-FE5F74BB667D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to pose this question to all of you. What is your feeling/assessment of the progress Elgin East has made so far specifically with the Townhouses. Do you feel the latest round of tentative occupancy dates will actually be the firm closing date for the unit?

I have seen some closing in May, June, July, and August 2023, which seems like a reasonable amount of time to finish the townhouses based on the progress I’m seeing now, but curious to hear all of your thoughts.

Thanks!

I would not hold those dates. The town homes that looks more finished had the frames for months before anything happened for the external finish that you see now. I have no experience but just seeing the progress month to month speaks volumes.

I would not hold those dates. The town homes that looks more finished had the frames for months before anything happened for the external finish that you see now. I have no experience but just seeing the progress month to month speaks volumes.
This is a very fair point. I spoke with a few individuals in the construction industry and they mentioned once the concrete portion of the development is done/nearly complete, things tend to move a lot quicker with the framing. I guess we will have to wait and see.

That is of course unless we receive another delay/tentative occupancy date, then we know for sure it will be delayed again.

Did you see their Instagram update? A lot of the townhomes doesn’t even have the frame yet. which block are you?

If anyone can correct me. I was driving by a few days ago, and it seems based on what I can see and compare to the site plan that block 2 and 5 are not even framed ? Seems like a big gap in-between blocks 1&3 and blocks 4&6

Last edited:
I have seen some closing in May, June, July, and August 2023, which seems like a reasonable amount of time to finish the townhouses based on the progress I’m seeing now, but curious to hear all of your thoughts.

Are those closing dates or occupancy dates you have heard of ?

What I received was a tentative occupancy date of June 2023. And to be honest, with the way mortgage rates are, I wouldn't mind if it's delayed till Q4 2023-Q2 2024 to hope things start to flatten out /go down a bit.

Also, I was told at the sales office that each block of towns are their own Condo Corp, so closing should not be too long after occupancy as they don't need to wait for the rest of the towns to be up to be able to get land registration.... Was this mentioned to anyone else ???

Last edited:
If anyone can correct me. I was driving by a few days ago, and it seems based on what I can see and compare to the site plan that block 2 and 5 are not even framed ? Seems like a big gap in-between blocks 1&3 and blocks 3&6
I can confirm this is the case, there is a gap.

Are those closing dates or occupancy dates you have heard of ?

What I received was a tentative occupancy date of June 2023. And to be honest, with the way mortgage rates are, I wouldn't mind if it's delayed till Q4 2023-Q2 2024 to hope things start to flatten out /go down a bit.

Also, I was told at the sales office that each block of towns are their own Condo Corp, so closing should not be too long after occupancy as they don't need to wait for the rest of the towns to be up to be able to get land registration.... Was this mentioned to anyone else ???
The May, June, July dates are tentative occupancy dates. The sales office indicated there are 5 total condo corps in the development. So yes, it is likely the interim occupancy period + final closing shouldn’t be to long hopefully.

Back