Richmond Hill NEXT at Elgin East | ?m | 10s | Sequoia Grove Homes | BDP Quadrangle

I've just received a notice of delay for occupancy to Jun 2023. It's for a townhouse.
I have seen delays for occupancy for other townhouses set to July and August 2023 as well.

I am wondering if they are intentionally staggering these occupancy dates as they expect this will be the firm closing date.

Does anyone know when we will be notified if a tentative occupancy date becomes the firm closing date ?

They are adding and got approval for 4 extra levels from the town of Richmond hill. Building “A” will be 10 level and “b” will be 14 now.

Hi,
Has anyone heard from the builder regarding the change to Building "B" regarding the change in height to 14 floors?

Hi,
Has anyone heard from the builder regarding the change to Building "B" regarding the change in height to 14 floors?
It’s already built to 14 levels now. Was approved by the town of Richmond hill this spring time.

It’s already built to 14 levels now. Was approved by the town of Richmond hill this spring time.
Thanks! I was just wondering though if the builder contacted any of the existing buyers of the change, and how it impacts them. I bought what was the 10th(top) floor at the time. I haven't heard from them if I shift automatically to the top floor(14th), etc. I did my selections in April, and at the time, I had some other options only available to those who occupied the top floor(ie lighting). There was no mention then that the building was adding 4 floors. I did speak with someone at the sale office, and they too haven't been told when they can start selling or what floors # are available for sale.

Thanks! I was just wondering though if the builder contacted any of the existing buyers of the change, and how it impacts them. I bought what was the 10th(top) floor at the time. I haven't heard from them if I shift automatically to the top floor(14th), etc. I did my selections in April, and at the time, I had some other options only available to those who occupied the top floor(ie lighting). There was no mention then that the building was adding 4 floors. I did speak with someone at the sale office, and they too haven't been told when they can start selling or what floors # are available for sale.
town of Richmond hill is getting 175k from the builder for a ball park in this deal. You are a buyer and got no notice, that is interesting

Would you be able to share what block number you are in? Like 9,10 etc?
I think block 5 or 6

This was actually the first time I had a date ..when I purchased in 2020, I was verbally given a range of winter 2022 to spring 2023 with no dates listed in the purchase agreement

Last edited:
town of Richmond hill is getting 175k from the builder for a ball park in this deal. You are a buyer and got no notice, that is interesting
Yeah, that is what is odd. I got notice from them that there will be delays due to COVID in 2020, but nothing since.
Thanks for the info!

I’m buyer of building A, so I thought at least you in building B would get notice. The details are in the meetings from council meetings.

Was this public information? Do you have an article you could share. Just interesting the builder would pay the city of Richmond hill for a ball park.

Was this public information? Do you have an article you could share. Just interesting the builder would pay the city of Richmond hill for a ball park.
yes it was pubic. they also had many many Council meetings on it as it was a hot topic. Richmond hill post all the Council meetings on YouTube,

It's come up before at council but have attached the last 3. @anon568799

April 27 2022 - 35min in to 1 hr 34min

May 11 2022 - 56 min - 3hr 04min

May 25th - 2hr 3min - 2h 37min

Back