Toronto MYC Merton Yonge Condominiums | ?m | 24s | Cresford | a—A

The building itself seems well designed and attractive. The architect (Clewes) put thought into it. They haven't given it the support it deserves.

yeah a lot of thought ... as in "let's see how I can copy from Casa + Gooderham + Clear Spirit" :rolleyes:

Attachments

• iwantyoutobuythis.JPG
    iwantyoutobuythis.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 206
yeah a lot of thought ... as in "let's see how I can copy from Casa + Gooderham + Clear Spirit" :rolleyes:

Just my own opinion, but I think this building would stand head and shoulders above Casa, a building where I would not want to buy. I'm not familiar enough with the other two to comment. In any case, I think the major shortcoming here isn't the building itself, it's the marketing.

Noticed that the sales office has been demolished today. Anyone know if this is starting excavation? Or is it a no-go?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/644586

THE FIXER
Abandoned condo site is unsafe

Jun 03, 2009 04:30 AM

A tapped-out condominium builder has walked away from a Yonge St. development site, leaving behind dangerous construction debris for kids to play in.

While the poor economy hasn't ravaged the local home-building sector nearly as badly as in the U.S., it has cooled the frenetic pace of development across Greater Toronto. Some builders have had to put their ambitions on hold, at least for now.

A developer called Cresford appears to be among them, judging by its departure at a site on the southeast corner of Yonge and Merton Sts., where it had planned to build a 29-storey condo tower.

Teresa Passaretti called us about the mess left behind when Cresford packed up a big tent it had been using as a sales office on the east side of the site. The abandoned debris include pieces of wood with nails protruding from them, drywall, capped-off electrical lines, huge lengths of flex tubing covered with an aluminum wrap, a foundation for the office, enough scrap wood to build a small house and lengths of hoarding that once separated the site from the street, but are now lying on their sides.

We also found a crack cocaine pipe, which indicates the property is being used for a different type of development.

The Yonge St. side of the site is still covered with hoarding, as is a short portion on Merton. But the rest of it is wide open, which allows kids easy access to the nail-infested boards.

We called a phone number posted on the hoarding but couldn't reach anyone. We also called Cresford and were put through to the voice mail of a guy named Jerry, who did not call back.

STATUS: Elizabeth Glibbery, who's in charge of municipal property standards in that area, returned our call immediately and said she had already sent an inspector to check it out. An order will be issued to the developer to clean up the site and fence it off, said Glibbery, adding the city will do it and charge the cost to the developer, if necessary.

Cresford does their magic again !!

Cresford does their magic again !!

LOL ... their reputation has been restored.

For a second there, I thought they had turned a new leaf with Casa ... phew !;)

ps ... would the article be considered confirmation that this project has been put on hold/cancelled?

ps ... would the article be considered confirmation that this project has been put on hold/cancelled?

No. They're basing the cancellation on the removal of the tent however, the tent was never ment to stay as long as it did.

Based on the comments of real estate agent alafleur on the previous page and the fact that MYC is no longer listed in Cresford advertising (that list all current and previous projects) I strongly suspect that the project is on hold.

Yup, it would not be a stretch to add ON HOLD to the thread title for the moment...

Back