Toronto MYC Merton Yonge Condominiums | ?m | 24s | Cresford | a—A

No... I think UD means it (clearly a major fan of aA ;))

Looks like Cresford had to be publicly shamed and scolded before they did the right thing. (Although it sure took long enough).

-------
from the Toronto Star:

THE FIXER
Mess from condo's sales tent finally gone

Jul 07, 2009 04:30 AM
JACK LAKEY
STAFF REPORTER

A big mess left behind after a condo developer packed up its sales tent and cleared out has finally been cleaned up.

On June 3 we reported on a 29-storey condo tower slated for the southeast corner of Yonge and Merton Sts., where the developer set up a fancy tent-like structure as its sales office.

The sales office disappeared last spring but the detritus – busted-up drywall, boards with nails sticking out of them, lengths of large flex tubing and other junk – remained on the site, which was wide open for kids to explore.

Elizabeth Glibbery, an area manager with municipal property standards, said she'd send an inspector to check it out and issue orders for the developer to clean up the junk and enclose the site with proper fencing.

Last week, we went back and found that the junk was gone and a good fence was in place in areas not covered by hoarding.

Looks like Cresford had to be publicly shamed and scolded before they did the right thing. (Although it sure took long enough).

Living next door, I can report that the property was cleaned up the same day as the T Star article and the fence was installed within 2 days.

A letter of apology from Cresford was received and posted in my building.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Cresford intends on holding on to the property and building there in the future, it is wise of them to stay cooperative with the locals.

july 9

IMG_july-09-09-0027.jpg

Scaled Model

thanks to ProjectEnd's leads to MBA Models

what would have been MYC Condos ...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
^Not bad, but I'd really like to just see the podium portion extended upwards another 12 floors. Nix the tower. I wanna see good urban form--not puny towers on podiums. (Good urban form currently under construction? Vancouver's Olympic Village 'nabe is the best I've seen.)

the Levitt Goodman proposal would have been similar in height to The Radius condo to the north ... but I'm not so sure about the bulkyness of the proposal ~

And thusly does the city lose another perfectly functional street-filling building to a windswept empty lot. What assholes.

It's a bit disappointing no doubt, but something will be built here sooner or later, and I'm guessing sooner. The location is just too good. The windswept lot may not look great, but neither did the old building which was here previously.

Cresford's MYC is back in business, according to http://twitter.com/urbanation: "RT @bakerinc: MYC CONDOS by Cresford Dev't Coming Soon!!! Located at Merton and Yonge. To register call 416-484-1900 or visit www.myccon"

I find it amusing Cresford gave up selling this building just as the condo market came back big time.

I guess they wanted to wait until BSN and Casa were close to being completed before going ahead...

Back