News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 297     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 844     0 

Toronto Municipal Election 2018: Mayor’s Race

Tory said he will only run one more time.

I'm sure some interested candidate would rather wait for an open race in 4 years.

I'm sure some interested candidate would rather wait for an open race in 4 years.

Yup, that's exactly what you'll hear from the camps tied to a number of those potential candidates. There are quite a few folks lining up for the next one.

There will be a progressive/NDP person running to get that share of the vote. I see that James Sears has registered, but he is a perennial candidate.

jennifer keesmaat‏Verified account@jen_keesmaat
Moving forward I will be leading a private-public partnership that will build affordable rental housing across Canada. Our goal is no less than to transform the housing market in the Canadian economy, ensuring housing for all. #NextGenerationHousing #CreativeHousing

She isn't running.

Jeff Gray @jeffreybgray

Councillor Mammoliti tells me he will make a decision on whether he is running for mayor within a week or two — but his intention now is to run. Meanwhile, council’s left is still casting about for a candidate ...

Last edited:
Last edited:
He's contemplating a run for Mayor, not for MPP. Although with Mammo, he could well be contemplating both.

He will flirt with running. But when the polling shows he will get smoked he will run back to his safe council seat.

He's contemplating a run for Mayor, not for MPP. Although with Mammo, he could well be contemplating both.

Yeah, he also said he's contemplating running as MPP. Premier Ford with Minister of Municipal Affairs Mammoliti is a truly terrifying prospect. Toronto would be pooched regardless of who is mayor.

Mammo is under police investigation (OPP) for the Toronto Parking Authority 'scandal". See: https://www.thestar.com/news/city_h...lled-toronto-parking-authority-land-deal.html
The results of this may make him a candidate for a "striped suit".....
stripes.jpg

Attachments

• stripes.jpg
    stripes.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 494

Back