News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 291     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 822     0 

Toronto Municipal Election 2018: Mayor’s Race

I can see her upping the ante with Ford quite a bit and we know the Fords like a fight, so unsure if its a positive to the city.

I'm usually willing to cut my nose off to spite my face if it means that someone else who severely needs to be put in their place is put in their place and gets told what's what.
That's just me.

Vote MTown for mayor and we won't get a penny from these clowns in Queens Park but you can bet your home that I'd stand up to them and tell them what's what. (I'd probably end up making pretty caustic jokes about Ford at public press events, to be honest...everyone likes a good laugh, innit?).

Tory's too soft. Keesmaat can't possibly be as a mental as me so I reckon she's the right choice for this particular aspect of the mayoralty.

In my opinion Tory is a big winner in that ruling because it basically exactly validates his position.

P.S. I found some of his (Tory) attack positions against Keesmaat recently come off fairly corny. Dude really sucks at faking politicking which really makes you wonder why he spent so much of his life trying to be a politician. When he retires from being Mayor give the dude an elder statesman royal commission or something to work on.

In my opinion Tory is a big winner in that ruling because it basically exactly validates his position.

P.S. I found some of his (Tory) attack positions against Keesmaat recently come off fairly corny. Dude really sucks at faking politicking which really makes you wonder why he spent so much of his life trying to be a politician. When he retires from being Mayor give the dude an elder statesman royal commission or something to work on.
Give him the Royal Commission on Municipal Electoral Reform

I used to know someone who was a neighbour of his and I'm telling you guys, he's a nice dude. I think he sincerely wishes to make the world a better place in his own way. He's too soft to be mayor in the age of Dicktator Doug though, but I wish him well and second your idea for his retirement.

I can't wait for Ford to use the Notwithstanding Clause to force John Tory to wear a diaper 24/7...

That wouldn't even be poetic since it's Ford who is the man-child.

We need one our own version of the Trump diaper balloon they had in London.

It's official, Doug Ford is the same human detritus as the orange president.

Does Ford using the hammer on Tory weaken him or help him?

I feel Tory cant do much in response to such an extreme action.

Does Ford using the hammer on Tory weaken him or help him?

I feel Tory cant do much in response to such an extreme action.
Nobody elected in the province can (aside from his own party performing a coup).

If he envokes the notwithstanding clause for something as petty as this, there is no reason for him to not use it for any time the courts decide against him. Once the precedent is set, the precedent is set.

Only the Feds, superior courts, and in theory, the LG, can reign a renegade premier in.

Nobody elected in the province can (aside from his own party performing a coup).

If he envokes the notwithstanding clause for something as petty as this, there is no reason for him to not use it for any time the courts decide against him. Once the precedent is set, the precedent is set.

Only the Feds, superior courts, and in theory, the LG, can reign a renegade premier in.

To be honest, if Ford uses it regularly then Ford could turn Canadian politics upside down and courts really lose a lot of power.

Its scary but I think Conservatives would like it as they think judges are all liberals and what have you.

Interesting- Keesmaat proposes the return of community councils following Ford's Nonwithstanding Clause- are we full circle back to Metro Toronto?

DmwUWKQXcAEe2Hh.jpg

DmwUgp2XgAACYF2.jpg

https://twitter.com/DavidHains/status/1039228261354663936

Also interesting, an attack on Tory from Ford of all places:

@LaurenPelley said:
Ford just slammed Mayor Tory. Tory talks a “big game,” and says one thing behind closed doors and another in front of the cameras, says Ford.
https://twitter.com/LaurenPelley/status/1039214702084218880

Last edited:

Back