News   May 01, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 361     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 366     0 

Toronto Municipal Election 2018: Mayor’s Race

Sorry Jennifer but if you were mayor, Doug Ford would have walked all over you too! (lol) I think that this is an issue where no one or law can save Toronto. Where is Raymond Cho to help us change Ford's mind?

You, Sir, are no gentleman!
Yrs, @hurtfeelings

No kidding.

According to my coworkers, I'm a "dick", "douche", and "asshole". Then again, they do appreciate my bluntness and honesty and even my salty sense of humour.
It's not a big deal.

Keesmaat is having her campaign launch tomorrow:

"I will lay out why we need new leadership to stand up for Toronto and to move our city forward."

So we'll see if she talks about her ideas and plans then.

Nice one. That's what I'm talking about!

Sorry Jennifer but if you were mayor, Doug Ford would have walked all over you too! (lol) I think that this is an issue where no one or law can save Toronto. Where is Raymond Cho to help us change Ford's mind?

Yeah, he just wants revenge on Toronto.

In terms of parks, Logan Green Field continues to sit there. Fragedakis got Council authority in 2014 to do a public consultation, which for some reason didn't occur until April 2017, and then radio silence since. I know there need to be funds to build the damn thing, but she seems to be doing the absolute minimum, and there is no way she is advocating for it.

I imagine it is the same routine elsewhere in the ward.

Just rereading this. Um, turns out the work on Logan Field started shortly after I posted this.

Poor Tory is sounding confused...

Cristina Tenaglia‏Verified account@cristina_CP24
“I’m not right, I’m not left, I don’t belong to a political party.” Mayor John Tory just now. (just an fyi he was the former Ontario PC Leader and former PC MPP)

And worked for Mulrony. That said, he's definitely more on the progressive side than Scheer, Ford, or Harris. Frankly, I think Tory could have stood in for Martin pretty easily and isn't very far from McGuinty either.

Mammo is right wing. Tory isn't even close to him on most issues.

Mammoliti started in provincial politics winning as NDP when they governed Ontario. After the NDP lost it's governing, switched to the city of North York. Won his North York ward as a NDP, later switched to Liberals. Now he switched to the Progressive Conservatives (must be age, shifting from left to right). Basically, he's a lone wolf. See link.

Poor Tory is sounding confused...

Cristina Tenaglia‏Verified account@cristina_CP24
“I’m not right, I’m not left, I don’t belong to a political party.” Mayor John Tory just now. (just an fyi he was the former Ontario PC Leader and former PC MPP)

Sounds legit to me. It's how I feel.

Pointing out a political party he used to be a leader of means fuckal, really. Just saying.

What, is he just Ontario PC for life now, regardless of how he actually sees things? That's a joke.
And is Ontario PC just strictly whatever the hell Ford and his quislings are supposed to be? Or whatever Harris was?

*deep breath*

Keep simplifying and tribalising, folks......that's sure to lead to genuine social progress.

Ow.....my eyes are stuck in the back of my head.

Ontario PC isn’t even PC for life. I don’t think Davis, Harris or Ford would necessarily agree on any given subject.

Tory is a political relic, a dinosaur. A statement by which I mean to complement him given the current political environment.

Sounds legit to me. It's how I feel.

Pointing out a political party he used to be a leader of means fuckal, really. Just saying.

What, is he just Ontario PC for life now, regardless of how he actually sees things? That's a joke.
And is Ontario PC just strictly whatever the hell Ford and his quislings are supposed to be? Or whatever Harris was?

*deep breath*

Keep simplifying and tribalising, folks......that's sure to lead to genuine social progress.

Ow.....my eyes are stuck in the back of my head.

Tory's campaign people called Keesmaat the NDP candidate so why is this a problem?

Tory's campaign people called Keesmaat the NDP candidate so why is this a problem?

It's a problem because it's irrelevant and meaningless.

I didn't say, nor was I responding to, nor was I aware of what you just mentioned besides.

Also, pointing out one person's nonsense in defense of another's nonsense is......well, nonsense. It doesn't prove that it's reasonable commentary from either side.

And also, the two aren't even the same thing, really. Maybe she is a member of the NDP, that doesn't mean that Tory is still a member of the PCs and/or vice versa.

Honestly, what's the point of either of these lines of "attack"?

Ontario PC isn’t even PC for life. I don’t think Davis, Harris or Ford would necessarily agree on any given subject.

Tory is a political relic, a dinosaur. A statement by which I mean to complement him given the current political environment.

Yeah, and pointing out that he used to be the leader of the PCs whilst he now says he doesn't feel "left" or "right" is really a bunch of nothing, perhaps especially because of what you just pointed out.

Politics is a sad joke sometimes, it seems.

Back