Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

That entrance overhang sort of reminds me of the googie/futurist entry portals you see on some of the older 1950s modern apartments. This might actually be a fun little reno, even if I'd hoped for almost anything other than a Denny's here.

The vibrant green colour is what makes this building appealing in the first place, and they're going to change it? *sigh*...

I bet you Frans isn't too happy about this ! Very similar offerings / quality (or lack their of ; - ) ... but that's the point for the prices).

Judging by the rendering, they will be reconfiguring the ground and renovating the entire building to "code". The .pdf mentions - "Landlord will be improving the facade of the building, including changing colour of existing green coloured glass panels and install new coverings over the existing mullions". Thanks to LNahid2000 for the link. More information - http://www.lennard.com/files/spaces/265/121-123 Dundas Street W_Broker Flyer (client).pdf

dennys2.jpg

America's Dinner? Isn't Denny's slogan "America's Diner"? And don't they use a different one in Canada?

For reference, not discussion (there doesn't seem to be an appropriate area for this) Motion has put up their floorplans (scroll down).

An attempt to show how this is going to change the intersection, hopefully for the better. I noticed that the Canadian Tire on the opposite corner does have an entrance that faces the intersection whereas Motion is squared off. As well, I couldn't help wish that the main retail level was higher and that this is a lost oppurtunity to provide another location for a big retailer.

IMG_3719_1-XL.jpg

I wanted to throw this beautiful structure just to the south of Motion in here to show that despite having challenges, this section of Bay has potential.

IMG_3722_1-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Motion is looking just great, and I love that old hydro substation to the south. I've seen that hydro building in photos going back to the 1920's but I believe it's much older (late 1800's). Bay & Dundas has finally come of age with the near completion of Motion and fits in wonderfully.

As well, I couldn't help wish that the main retail level was higher and that this is a lost oppurtunity to provide another location for a big retailer.

I was thinking about the same thing walking by it. Does it cost a lot to raise the ceiling of the ground floor by a couple feet? It could have been so much better.
A big retailer at Bay/Dundas would definitely be nice!

I hope there will be no banks there?

Such a beautifully designed rental building. Love the pic from across the intersection.

So...we have an RBC coming here...and...??? anything else confirmed?

Back