Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

Hopefully we get some quality retail at the base. More restaurants would be nice. Dundas b/w Bay and University has seen an increase in pedestrian activity in recent years with all these new eateries opening.

Hopefully we get some quality retail at the base. More restaurants would be nice. Dundas b/w Bay and University has seen an increase in pedestrian activity in recent years with all these new eateries opening.

Recently quite a few new restaurant opened on Dundas between Bay and University. A few between Yonge and Church as well.
Dundas street deserves better restaurant scene being close to everything and I am glad it is gradually happening. There are still quite a few really bad ones and I hope their days are numbered.

I think it is a great addition to the Yonge/Dundas area.

Plus it is a rental. Last time I checked, there are very few rental apartments in the area. Would provide options for hundreds of professionals and probably students who work and study in downtown. How cool is it to live at Bay/Dundas.

Totally agree. As someone who doesn't mind renting, and who prefers to rent in a managed building rather than an individual/privately owned condo unit, it's great to see new rental apt building construction in the DT core. Concert will have zero problems renting them out.

This is also a perfect way for developers to expand their portfolio rather than just build condo apts for sale. Daniels offers a program for renters to save a certain amount from their rent towards a down-payment on a Daniels project. Minto does the same. I'm sure there are more...but it's a great program...and builds lifetime clients.

You can't beat this area. Walk to everything.

This is also a perfect way for developers to expand their portfolio rather than just build condo apts for sale. Daniels offers a program for renters to save a certain amount from their rent towards a down-payment on a Daniels project. Minto does the same. I'm sure there are more...but it's a great program...and builds lifetime clients.
I wish that Concert had some sort of program like this too. I've tried to do it with Daniels, but they never call me back.

motionj12.jpg

So… I wonder where this crane is off to next?

Recently quite a few new restaurant opened on Dundas between Bay and University. A few between Yonge and Church as well.
Dundas street deserves better restaurant scene being close to everything and I am glad it is gradually happening. There are still quite a few really bad ones and I hope their days are numbered.
Speaking of restaurants, there are plans to open the first Denny's in Toronto next to this building at 123 Dundas Street West. Some people will probably say "Ugh, another chain restaurant" but I've always loved Denny's in the US!

Speaking of restaurants, there are plans to open the first Denny's in Toronto next to this building at 123 Dundas Street West. Some people will probably say "Ugh, another chain restaurant" but I've always loved Denny's in the US!

I always saw Denny's as catering to a more suburban crowd, so I'm not sure what the reception here would be like. Although I must say their 24/7 service would provide an alternative to those old Chinese restaurants on this strip. I still prefer the Lakeview Diner as my favorite late night haunt though.

It's Chinatown, so there's Chinese food restaurants there and some of them have been around for a while likely for good reason.
I've never been to Denny's, a Yonge or Bay Street location would have seemed more appropriate (i.e. Aura) so I find it a curious but interesting addition to the area.

I always saw Denny's as catering to a more suburban crowd, so I'm not sure what the reception here would be like. Although I must say their 24/7 service would provide an alternative to those old Chinese restaurants on this strip. I still prefer the Lakeview Diner as my favorite late night haunt though.

There are a few in Vancouver, including one relatively downtown on Davie. Up until a couple years ago there was one two blocks away from the downtown mall, on Burrard.

It's Chinatown, so there's Chinese food restaurants there and some of them have been around for a while likely for good reason.

Wasn't a swipe at the Chinese restaurants. Just meant that it would be another option for late night food in the area (because most Denny's are 24/7 joints).

Last edited:

Back