Toronto Motion On Bay Street | ?m | 29s | Concert | IBI Group

I wonder how long it'll be before we see a proposal for a building wedged in between Motion and One City Hall. This could end up being quite a dense block

I don't think there's more than 30 or 35 feet there, besides, if I recall from way back the owner didn't want to sell which is why neither building was built using that property.

Sept 5th:

CzadH.jpg

2gbZz.jpg

DfKuF.jpg

If the apartments are designed well I may want to live here.
Thanks for all the terrific shots yesterday someMidTowner!

God that glass is hideous. Which is a shame because I love the shapes at play here*, as well as the massing.

(*Specifically the square that floats around the Bay Street tower's facade as a frame.)

If the apartments are designed well I may want to live here.
Thanks for all the terrific shots yesterday someMidTowner!
I already live in a Concert building, and I'm thinking of transferring to this place. They still haven't released rental prices yet or floor plans.

Right, I've been checking their website every month or so to get an idea of what they will be offering but nothing yet. Are you happy in a Concert building khristopher?

God that glass is hideous. Which is a shame because I love the shapes at play here*, as well as the massing.

(*Specifically the square that floats around the Bay Street tower's facade as a frame.)

I wasn't a fan of it in photos, but I passed by the other day and it looks much better in person. More subtle and less busy looking, surprisingly.

It's not the colours alone that bother me; it's the fact that there appears to me as much window framing/ mullion caps as there are actual glass/spandrel. Way too many criss-crossing black lines and vents.

I find that - seen from a distance, and via a drive-by sighting - the busy ensemble tends to blend together into a mass that doesn't actually say "windows are present here!" at all, which is actually rather fun.

It's not the colours alone that bother me; it's the fact that there appears to me as much window framing/ mullion caps as there are actual glass/spandrel. Way too many criss-crossing black lines and vents.

I agree, my one complaint is the mullion caps and frames, though it's pretty endemic of anything but high-end condos and office buildings. At the very least they are black though, which looks a lot sleeker than the typical grey.

Yeah, that's generally my vibe: window pattern is too fussy, brick framing too clunky. But in a way oddly expressive of "this is a rental, not a condo".

Right, I've been checking their website every month or so to get an idea of what they will be offering but nothing yet. Are you happy in a Concert building khristopher?
I am happy :) Just wish I could pay my rent by paying a bill on my bank account or online interac.

So far, so good here. There is so much going on here with the colours and mullions hat it matches the rhythm (the "motion?" *ducks*) of the street. Is there an area of Toronto with more colour? Along with the TCHC building, the Sick Kids Research building, and that other potential rental at Bay & Gerrard, this area might break the Toronto gray code.

Thanks Khris!
Some really good developments with colour, exactly what Bay Street needs to spice it up a bit!

Back