Toronto Monza Condos | 36.28m | 10s | The Benvenuto Group | StudioAC

New snazzy rendering and UT article on this project:

38036-127074.jpeg

It's kind of funny that the render has it at the top of a hill, when it's actually at the bottom of what I believe used to be Garrison Creek. I've seen it flood before. Not sure how that will work with that sunken cafe patio.

Makes sense. Stylish design, good area and location right along the 512 streetcar line. I can see the condos on the north side of St. Clair, closer to No Frills being easy sells as well.

Last edited:
New UT article highlighting minor revisions made in the latest SPA submitted. Including changes to the area left blank on the west facade to now being clad in alternating bands of white and charcoal aluminum panels to correspond with the balconies on the north and south sides, and also the use of reflective roof pavers.

Among the mid-rise cluster forming around here, I feel pretty positive about Monza and the Eight Fourty by Worsley. While for 900 St. Clair W they maintained the design by Quadrangle, but it's Canderel so I'll stay cautious about how they carry out the execution. Similar for their next phase just west of it.

Why couldn't they just use the grey brick for the west wall, just like they did on the east wall?
Brick is more expensive that aluminum panelling, so they're spending less on something that theoretically will be covered up soon by an adjacent redevelopment. (Plus, as the closest people to view it will be at a distance, what would have been the effect of the individual bricks would have been minimized anyway, making the extra expense seem extra unnecessary.)

Back