Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

Vancouver has no expressways going through its downtown. The expressways end at their borders.
Vancouver has no expressways through it's downtown. But they did finally (many years ago now) let them build the Transcanada (Highway 1) through Vancouver as an expressway from Second Narrows Bridge to Boundary Road at the border with Burnaby.

Stop off and had Quick look at Dixie Station after dropping the Nikon camera off for cleaning and adjustment and used the Sony for these shots on July 2.

Was told there there were a few 100's change orders for this phase and part of the delay. 6 weeks may not be enough time for the exteriors for this station as well landscaping for hand off. No sidewalk on the west side for a few blocks as it has to be rebuilt.

Tomken looks worse as I went by it since it was raining.

The shelter at Sq One was rope off for some reason, but it lacks enclosed space for any route that uses this stop.
14584587115_ec02b289f2_b.jpg

14397967229_c9d823ec8b_b.jpg

14398146807_bf455a895e_b.jpg

14583835412_e6117490fe_b.jpg

14581252201_4469975ffa_b.jpg

The final piece of the Transitway has finally gone to tender. The Renforth Hub and Connecting Roadways contract is out to tender and closes on July 31st.

Looks like Metrolinx is tagging the price on this project to be about 50 million dollars based on the provided maximum available workload rating for any contractors considering to bid on the project.

Merx page can be found here: http://www.merx.com/English/SUPPLIE...ORT=0&IS_SME=N&hcode=7tky3iEa6YLKipL9eXnIQg==

It will not be until 2016/17 before we can get to use anything beyond Dixie for this Transitway as well to the West of Sq One.

This is being keep real quit and don't want people to know about it

Kipling Bus Terminal Feasibility Study

Tuesday, July 15, 2014
6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
St. Andrews Presbyterian Church
3819 Bloor Street West

It will not be until 2016/17 before we can get to use anything beyond Dixie for this Transitway as well to the West of Sq One.

This is being keep real quit and don't want people to know about it

Kipling Bus Terminal Feasibility Study

Tuesday, July 15, 2014
6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
St. Andrews Presbyterian Church
3819 Bloor Street West

Hopefully they can keep Hydro One from finding out about it.

Hopefully they can keep Hydro One from finding out about it.
Its their land and will be the first to know about it.

TTC & Toronto only lease the land.

How they looked at their land including corridors 20 years ago compare with today view are totally different, with a view to protect them for their use down the road.

Mississauga is building a first rate rapid transit system with it's Transitway and one that Toronto should emulate along some of it's rail/hydro/freeway corridors.

Toronto already built a busway before Mississauga and it is in operation...

Maybe they could connect the transitway to Kipling also. But this transitway is more for GO. It doesn't have much to do with TTC. There will be the 407 Transitway. Maybe they should look into connect the Mississauga and 407 Transitway though Toronto, but I don't what else transitway in Toronto is needed...

I think the Transitway should be connected to the Spadina or even Yonge Line. They could use a combination of the HWY 27, Airport exp, and corridor along 401. As it stands right now, getting from Miss to either subway or North York is an all day event and it doesn't have to be.

I think the Transitway should be connected to the Spadina or even Yonge Line. They could use a combination of the HWY 27, Airport exp, and corridor along 401. As it stands right now, getting from Miss to either subway or North York is an all day event and it doesn't have to be.
Presumably there will be services from Renforth to Highway 407 subway station and Richmond Hill Centre subway station. There will also (a bit further away) be Line 5 (Eglinton line) from Renforth to Eglinton West subway and Eglinton subway. There's also to be services from Renforth to Kipling station - ultimately a full transitway. As well as services from Renforth to Pearson. A quick (but not cheap) way downtown from points in Mississauga may well be to take the Transitway to Renforth and continue (or transfer) to Pearson to board the UPX to downtown.

Transfer to the UPX for $25 a pop?

If there were 2 people travelling together, by the time they each pay for MiWay, TTC, and UPX fares, they could probably just take a cab from MCC to downtown.

Transfer to the UPX for $25 a pop?

If there were 2 people travelling together, by the time they each pay for MiWay, TTC, and UPX fares, they could probably just take a cab from MCC to downtown.
Pearson to downtown is about $60. I dread to think what it would cost from MCC.

I was thinking about business travel where you can save time by not being parked on the Gardiner, or gridlocked in Mississauga. And where if you can work while on transit your more efficient than being stuck behind a steering wheel. And with at least $15 each way paid in mileage, plus parking, the UPX fare becomes more reasonable.

Also, I was not so much thinking about travel to MCC (which is fairly well covered be the existing MCC to Union GO service (at only $5.45), but to the business park near the airport, or to Mississauga Road/401 for which mileage costs would already be about $20.

Though yes, the UPX fare becomes critical to whether it makes sense or not. The current fare is about $6 from Union to Pearson. How much will trips on UPX cost using Presto? Will there be discounts if you only use part of the line (say change to a MiWay express bus at Mount Dennis station)? Will there be discounts if your only using Pearson as a transit hub? We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
that is the second reference I have seen today (once in the Eglinton thread) to a transfer to the UPe at Mt. Dennis. As far as I know there are not plans for a transfer there. Mt. Dennis will be a GO and TTC/Crosstown interchange but I think all the planned stops for the UPe are Bloor and the community-forced station at Weston.

that is the second reference I have seen today (once in the Eglinton thread) to a transfer to the UPe at Mt. Dennis. As far as I know there are not plans for a transfer there. Mt. Dennis will be a GO and TTC/Crosstown interchange but I think all the planned stops for the UPe are Bloor and the community-forced station at Weston.
There won't be an station at Mount Dennis when the UPX opens in 2015. However I believe the design for the new Mount Dennis GO station allows for a UPX platform in 2020-2022. Presumably by then the Weston UPX station will have closed because of a lack of ridership ... or some trains will stop at Mount Dennis instead of Weston.

Back