Mississauga Mississauga Transitway | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | IBI Group

110 operates 25-30 minutes where 26 operates every 13 minute.

Nope, they both are 13 minute routes during rush. The 110 actually has higher frequency on Sunday...

On average, 26 takes 19 minutes if the bus does the posted speed limit.

More like 25 minutes... over 30 minutes during rush (thanks mostly to the bottleneck at Mavis).

Bottom line is, the 110 is much better route for those travelling between Sq One and South Common. Keep in mind also that the 26 makes a weird loop at South Common and so the westbound trips don't even enter the terminal.

110 during rush hour is much faster than the 26 during rush hour. I've taken it enough times last summer (from the Leanne Blvd. stop) and I can't see why anyone would even wait for the 26 if they were going to Sq. 1. That said, it needs far better branding- something along the lines of the iXpress in KW/C which does a much better job at branding itself as a "distinct" service, but still part of the much greater GRT service. It's mixed traffic, but serves all the major hubs people actually want to go to.

You are missing the point.

Someone who lives or travel east of SCM. it is faster for them to use the 26E/W than take the 26 to/from SCM to use 110.

Make no different what day of the week or time.

This is to/from Sq One.

You are making then to transfer 2th as well spend more traveling time.

If you are going from Sq One to SCM or UTM, yes 110 is the faster way.

You got to add all the travel time and waiting time to do a comparison between both routes to see what is the better way.

Point to point, 110 wins.

If you get to Sq One Terminal to just miss the 110 and there is a 26 there, you are better off taking the 26 to SCM as the wait time off set the extra travel time.

Until 110 becomes 5-10 minutes headway you are better off using both routes. On Sunday, 110 has better headway than the 26 that is the real issue for 26 100%. It was the 2nd busy route until headway got the short end and now is #3.

If you visited Islington platforms, you will find riders checking schedules as which of the 4 routes to Sq One is ready to go than what is the shortest or fastest route. #20 is the fastest route follow by 76, 26 and 3.

After 11pm, I look at 3 and 26 schedule to see if I should wait for the 3 or spend an extra 5 minutes to walk from the 26 route home.

You will find riders looking at the 1C, 201 and 26 schedules at SCM to see what bus leaves first to Islington. 26 is the slowest of the 3, yet because of the time they are there, they will take the 26.

I have seen UTM students use the 26 in place of the 110 even with the extra walking distance over 110 to/from Sq One.

Just because you may find 110 the fastest, doesn't mean it apply to everyone.

The same thing applies to the west of SCM.

Once there is full service to Kipling by the BRT, you will move some riders off the 26.

The other big issue for the 26 is the lost of 15-20 minutes to service Sq One. If the 26 stay on the grid, you will move some riders, but not as many the planners think they are going to do other than increase headway to do it.

...the newer ones built and being built in the City Centre along the south side of Burnhamthorpe at Duke of York, and on Living Arts Drive. Street-level retailing is there, and a good deal more is coming.

Yes but they hide it behind a stupid un-urban landscaped path.

Yes but they hide it behind a stupid un-urban landscaped path.

I suppose that makes Paris suburban then.

Paris_Boulevard_de_Clichy_bf_Oct_20.jpg

d46e0f7a67d781b22d88023dd3c04020.jpg

travel-graphics-200_416457a.jpg

Wide streets does not a suburb make.

Avenue des Champs-Élysées was not built for the car. Mississauga was. Built form, active transportation / pedestrian infrastructure and the transit system are clear markers that Paris is urban and Mississauga is suburban.

And besides, the first picture you showed is a bike path that isn't going through the woods. That is uber-urban.

But at least Mississauga is trying unlike certain other places in the GTA....

Yeah Caledon, I'm talking to you...

Caledon is rural and it would probably be best if it stayed that way. The last thing we need is more sprawl, even if it is urban-oriented (i.e. Cornell)

It's all in good fun. :)

I'll just be happy if they decided if they want to grow or not. Growing Bolton, then freezing it until 2031 suggests to me that they aren't really sure what they want.

The average demand price for electricity in May, 2007 was 4.67¢. Today it is 5.04¢. An increase of 8%.

...for now. The price of electricity could wind up rising far faster than even the price of diesel when the existing nukes finally wear out and need more refurbishment/replacement, and the only alternative is natural gas.

Hey, why not build a transitway out to Inglewood and beyond. The GTA need its equivalent to Ongar Tube

[/IMG]

Paris_Boulevard_de_Clichy_bf_Oct_20.jpg

d46e0f7a67d781b22d88023dd3c04020.jpg

travel-graphics-200_416457a.jpg

Ah! I knew that was coming.

As you can see behind the trees, there is clearly still a wide sidewalk and a streetwall. Besides, such paths are rare there are tons of other streets in Paris that don't have treelined paths.

But in the pic below by Jasonzed from SSC, taken of Burnhamthorpe in MCC, there is no streetwall, and it definately looks like a path in a park.

hpim0916xk1.jpg

Wide streets does not a suburb make.

Exactly. That was the whole point of my post.

[/IMG]

Ah! I knew that was coming.

As you can see behind the trees, there is clearly still a wide sidewalk and a streetwall. Besides, such paths are rare there are tons of other streets in Paris that don't have treelined paths.

But in the pic below by Jasonzed from SSC, taken of Burnhamthorpe in MCC, there is no streetwall, and it definately looks like a path in a park.

hpim0916xk1.jpg

Of course you choose a really dark underexposed picture to attempt to prove your point. That path in the picture is not the main sidewalk. The main (and quite wide) sidewalk is acutally to the left of it, right next to the streetwall. Yes, is clearly a streetwall along Burnhamthorpe, or at least the beginnings of one. The massive podium of Citygate should br taken into account here, and it does have street-level retail.

The bottom line is that what Mississauga has planned for Burnhamthorpe is not so different than what Paris has done for Champs-Élysées. It is the same general idea, but perhaps Mississauga is not doing it as well. But still, the extent to which people are bashing Mississauga's seems like evidence of a double standard.

Back