Toronto Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

IMG_0859.jpeg
IMG_0860.jpeg
IMG_0861.jpeg
IMG_0864.jpeg

I wonder what the planting timing is on the tree pits in the first photo...

I don't know the plan here, but the fall window for planting is considered to have started now, and is generally on until the ground freezes, safe planning would be to aim for mid-November if the intention is fall, because after that, most nurseries are very lightly staffed.

If the species are spring planting species (nut bearers should generally go in spring) the window is mid April to end of May more or less.

It's a mini-city!

Looking forward to exploring this project when it's open to the public. It's hard to conceptualize how all of the pieces fit together. While I'm not a huge fan of the colour palette, and to some extent, the overall design choices, I do think the way it works with the rest of the city fabric is thoughtful. It'll be interesting to see how it feels from the street.

It looks like the homes are not coming in 2023 lol

Most delayed development ever (first occupancy date was due in 2021)

I wonder what folks who were lucky to win the lottery were told? Wait for another year or so? 🤪

1696988425414.png

There are some really brutal exposed concrete pillars at the southwest corner entrance at Bloor/Bathurst.

And please don't use the excuse of "material honesty"

I've been watching the build from my vantage point of St. Clair and Bathurst for a while now. I frequent the area and the height still throws me a bit, but I'm happy that housing is being provided. I just wish that that photograph above, taken for the Azure article, was more inspiring. Could be my claustrophobia, but there is absolutely no vantage point, from the internal courtyard, where you're not looking directly into someone else's apartment. I remember apartment hunting a long time ago, and I had the full view of another's living quarters directly in front of my window, roughly 15 feet apart. The building manager suggested I just pull some sheers across. Architectural elements aside, what is the general consensus about these particular aesthetics?

I've been watching the build from my vantage point of St. Clair and Bathurst for a while now. I frequent the area and the height still throws me a bit, but I'm happy that housing is being provided. I just wish that that photograph above, taken for the Azure article, was more inspiring. Could be my claustrophobia, but there is absolutely no vantage point, from the internal courtyard, where you're not looking directly into someone else's apartment. I remember apartment hunting a long time ago, and I had the full view of another's living quarters directly in front of my window, roughly 15 feet apart. The building manager suggested I just pull some sheers across. Architectural elements aside, what is the general consensus about these particular aesthetics?
My wife walked by this development earlier and actually texted me about this. She thought it felt cozy and big city.

I currently live in this type of situation like at this development and it’s fine. It’s not for everyone, but I don’t even notice the other people in their units tbh.

Back