Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

It's tricky working with the TTC, I'm not so sure the developer would go to all the trouble with a PATH connection and associated costs just so that residents don't have to cross the street outside to get into the EC. Plus, isn't most of the Eaton Centre locked down at 10pm?

Personally I wouldn't buy into a building unless it had PATH connection. Why, when you live in a city that is known for severe weather, wouldn't you insist on a PATH connection. I would pass on Aura for that reason alone.

Wait a minute. You're saying that it's not worth living in Toronto if you're not connected to the PATH?

But I suppose you're right. This winter has been just impossible, and as soon as it's over we have the monsoon to look forward to of course, and then plagues of locusts through July and August, but least September is pleasant before October's tornadoes, and then it's back to another ferocious winter.

Wait a minute. You're saying that it's not worth living in Toronto if you're not connected to the PATH?
That's not what I said - you should consider a career in journalism.

But I suppose you're right. This winter has been just impossible, and as soon as it's over we have the monsoon to look forward to of course, and then plagues of locusts through July and August, but least September is pleasant before October's tornadoes, and then it's back to another ferocious winter.
I guess this is your first winter in Toronto. For your enlightenment, this past winter wasn’t exactly a regular Toronto winter.

When we do have a regular winter, it would be very nice to be able to traverse downtown without having to worry about the sub-zero temperatures or the blowing snow.

And since there are quite a number of towers being built with PATH access - that's what I would choose.

That's not what I said - you should consider a career in journalism.

I guess this is your first winter in Toronto. For your enlightenment, this past winter wasn’t exactly a regular Toronto winter.

When we do have a regular winter, it would be very nice to be able to traverse downtown without having to worry about the sub-zero temperatures or the blowing snow.

And since there are quite a number of towers being built with PATH access - that's what I would choose.

Most condos with Path access require a substantial walk to the next subway station etc. This building is literally a few steps away from the subway station. I really do not see why anyone would worry about the path access when the subway is just a few steps away.

Couple of new pics courtesy Urban Toronto:

urbantoronto-5069-15515.jpg

urbantoronto-5069-15516.jpg

Personally I wouldn't buy into a building unless it had PATH connection. Why, when you live in a city that is known for severe weather, wouldn't you insist on a PATH connection. I would pass on Aura for that reason alone.

correct me if i am wrong.. There IS a plan for Aura to be connected to PATH.

This is not the Aura thread - but it will be connected to College Park and the Yonge subway immediately. Knockout panels are there for when Ryerson digs the tunnel under Yonge to connect up to the system, which is a long-term goal with no date attached to it. A connection could also be made from the knockout to the Delta Chelsea, but they have indicated that they are not interested. All of that info can be found in the Aura thread.

Whatever that 'white' looking material is clad with will make or break this project.

Gee, 207 meters...from city planning today..

197 YONGE ST
OPA / Rezoning 12 133580 STE 27 OZ Ward 27
- Tor & E.York Mar 7, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Official Plan and Zoning by Law Amendment application to permit the re-development of the lands for the purposes of a new mixed use building that includes the retention of the existing heritage building on the premises. Included in the proposal is a 60 storey, 207m high building containing retail uses in the retained heritage strucutre and 687 dwelling units above. 116 parking spaces to serve the development in an above grade parking deck will also be provided.

Hmm, is that an extension to the back of Massey Hall (purely conceptual)?

MasseyHallSWAer960.jpg

And what is that new structure behind it?

Okay, okay, yes, check out the dataBase entry for new pics - they are at the end of the thumbnail string. Have fun!

I wonder if city staff will have any problem with the height here. I'm sure it casts shadows on something or other.

Back