Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

July 4, 2019

fullsizeoutput_27dc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_27db.jpeg

DSC07567.JPG

I've always wondered about what the process for getting crown lighting is. Is it possible to see the lighting plans somewhere in the SPA submissions? I'm always curious - especially with the proposed supertalls - how they will define the skyline at night.
It's an element of SPA but it's done by separate submission. It's the prerogative of the plans examiner whether the information is put online or not.

This might be an unpopular opinion but i really think that new condos like this should be sold to people who will live there. This place isn't even finished and there's 47 units for rent . That many units getting scooped up for rentals has to have some impact on affordability.

This might be an unpopular opinion but i really think that new condos like this should be sold to people who will live there. This place isn't even finished and there's 47 units for rent . That many units getting scooped up for rentals has to have some impact on affordability.

You should be able to do whatever you want to do with your condo. As long as the government ignores the need to build rental housing, investors will continue to provide rental stock to the public.

Last edited:
This is another huge MOD success. I still marvel at what they did at Yonge & St. Joseph, and the legacy continues here with a great looking tower, restoration of the old Commerce Bank and land donation to Massey Hall.

A lot of projects wouldn't get built without investors taking risk of investing in new towers.
If someone wants to buy into a highrise that they are going to live in, there is plenty of other projects in the city they can buy into.
Your proposal would, of course, lead to higher rents due to lack of rentals

Back