Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

Looks good from street level too.

Massey-1.jpg

Personally, I think the LED strip is pretty basic. We have so many buildings now that are doing this. I think Massey Tower and Toronto could have benefited with having something a bit more exciting like a LED screen. Like the W in Busan.

Unfortunately the City would never allow that. It was tough enough for MOD to get what they did here.

I've always wondered about what the process for getting crown lighting is. Is it possible to see the lighting plans somewhere in the SPA submissions? I'm always curious - especially with the proposed supertalls - how they will define the skyline at night.

Personally, I think the LED strip is pretty basic. We have so many buildings now that are doing this. I think Massey Tower and Toronto could have benefited with having something a bit more exciting like a LED screen. Like the W in Busan.
LOVE this example, and totally agree. However, LED screens are very very pricy (at least the good ones). I doubt a residential developer would even consider it, but I could see a business building developer exploring this idea.

Back