Toronto Massey Tower Condos | 206.95m | 60s | MOD Developments | Hariri Pontarini

They would be cheapening the heritage building if the mosaic tile flooring wasn't properly preserved. I'd really like to see more contemporary buildings with such artistry for flooring, and more attention paid to interesting and beautiful flooring and paving in general. It's an aspect of design that's simply neutral and forgettable in many new buildings. I think Trump is on the right track, though it's more of a pattern than an artistic mosaic:

urbantoronto-5332-16630.jpg

Source

In other threads re: sales it has been mentioned they are at or above the coveted 70% mark.

Other sites are struggling apparently (Monde, 60 Colborne, Tux - now on hold), but this one has done well enough thus far.

The Massey Tower sales centre and "Celebrate Yonge":

DSC_0039-3.jpg

DSC_0037-3.jpg

DSC_0045-2.jpg

In conjunction with "Celebrate Yonge", the once-abandoned, garbage-strewn parkette beside 197 Yonge has been restored (sod laid today):

DSC_0036-2.jpg

DSC_0035-1.jpg

DSC_0048-2.jpg

DSC_0047-1.jpg

... which only goes to show that it doesn't take an enormous effort to clean up these little corners and yet the effect is huge. We need to see more of this in Toronto.

So True

... which only goes to show that it doesn't take an enormous effort to clean up these little corners and yet the effect is huge. We need to see more of this in Toronto.

Was past here just yesterday and my thoughts exactly! This was easily the best new addition to the temporary pedestrian enhancements of Yonge from Gerrard to Queen.

I walked by today at lunch and noticed they had tables and chairs set up next to the tent, and it seemed to be a bar/lounge. The raised platform (surrounded by grass) looked like a stage area. Perhaps a jazz trio in the evenings?

Two stunning heritage buildings, and a beautiful parkette are going to be ruined by a monstrous condo tower with an awful podium right on yonge street. How unfortunate for the city.

Great to see two disintegrating Beaux Arts buildings split by a nasty patch of grass are going to be saved through incorporation into a stunning new tower all on Yonge Street!

Back