steveve

Member Bio
Reaction score
Today:

35021171634_3e5dbb06d1_b.jpg

smably

Member Bio
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the north facade of this building just barely cleared the hospital flight path. I wonder whether that is why there is the one section of lower-profile formwork -- I assume even temporary incursions during construction aren't allowed?

This is a remarkably complex build, and I have a feeling that we don't even know all the constraints.

Longview

Member Bio
Reaction score
Looking eastward from NPS, the tower will have a powerful presence (reduced and re-posted from Wednesday):
masseynps2.jpg

Attachments

• masseynps2.jpg
    masseynps2.jpg
    860.8 KB · Views: 193
Last edited by a moderator:

TheKingEast

Member Bio
Reaction score
I actually don't like the glass. I get why it had to be changed but too bad we couldn't get the same system that One Bloor uses. Granted the building would end up taking almost 10 years to finish.

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Oh, hi spandrel!

There's a huge transfer slab behind that spandrel. It's not being thrown about willy nilly here...

It's not back-painted glass, it seems totally flat (no pillowing like at Alter), and we seem to be looking at curtain wall on the north side. Win win win.

It is indeed sprinklered curtain wall on the north side.

I actually don't like the glass. I get why it had to be changed but too bad we couldn't get the same system that One Bloor uses. Granted the building would end up taking almost 10 years to finish.

It's not so much how long it would have taken to install, it's the supply chain issues required to get it there. There is only one supplier who does the kind of curved glass which is being used on One Bloor and there have been significant issues with them. So much so that new brackets had to be engineered and produced locally as the ones which accompany the system failed in our diverse climate.