Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

Yep ! And the lot to the north is going to be a park long term, so no worry about the views.

Well it's a parking lot now and will be a temporary farmers market north ? But then again is that project even still a go ? i.e. the St. Lawerence market norht building (and court offices) it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that gets canceled.

The planning notice was there when I last went down for the temporary farmers market, so I hope it's still going ahead. As for St. Lawrence Market North, it's been included in the budget, so I bet it will go through. I can't imagine after a long design process the project would be canned, but I've seen stranger things.

The planning notice was there when I last went down for the temporary farmers market, so I hope it's still going ahead. As for St. Lawrence Market North, it's been included in the budget, so I bet it will go through. I can't imagine after a long design process the project would be canned, but I've seen stranger things.

hmm, a bridge I once knew was seemingly in an identical situation and if I recall it was canceled ;)

Yes, but I think the St. Lawrence Market North project has been budgeted over 4 years, until its completion. The bridge was to be built next year and I don't believe it was the result of a very popular design competition. Hopefully it won't go over-budget because if it does, Ford or Shiner might have their eyes on it.

Yes, but I think the St. Lawrence Market North project has been budgeted over 4 years, until its completion. The bridge was to be built next year and I don't believe it was the result of a very popular design competition. Hopefully it won't go over-budget because if it does, Ford or Shiner might have their eyes on it.

Let's just put it this way ... I very much hope your right but I have a lot of doubts now.

Particularly because if I recall there was a rumberingly of the courts staying put in old city hall now to save money ? Making a big part of this project unnecessary.

Let's just put it this way ... I very much hope your right but I have a lot of doubts now.

Particularly because if I recall there was a rumberingly of the courts staying put in old city hall now to save money ? Making a big part of this project unnecessary.

I understand that a contract for the new North Market has still not been signed with the winning architectural firm and I must say I am getting worried that it will be cancelled (though the old North Market will need repair if it is not to be demolished) but the courts to stay in Old City Hall are the Provincial Courts. It is the Traffic Courts that are supposed to move into the new North Market. The sign is still there but could go because the City Council has approved the temporary use of the parking lot as a temporary North Market site and for it to become a park (extension of David Crombie Park) once the new North Market opens. I have heard that there has been some very preliminary discussion of making the park a raised one so that the Market's loading area can be extended underneath it - at street level.

I have a friend who works at the courts and everyone there is planning on moving still. This project is a go.

I love this project and wish I bought a North facing unit on any floor, the views are wicked and will never be blocked. Congrats to the new owners!!

I have a friend who works at the courts and everyone there is planning on moving still. This project is a go.

I love this project and wish I bought a North facing unit on any floor, the views are wicked and will never be blocked. Congrats to the new owners!!

The Market Flat units facing north on the east side at Jarvis have an even better view of the SLM and the City. However, their layouts are not as good. The Market Towns will have super awesome views.

Thanks for all the input / inside information everyone.

Like you all I was (am) very much looking forward to this project, the north market is very underwhelming particularly given how great the actual market is !

We'll need to wait and see (and hope) :)

Speaking of the main market, anyone check out the new entrance. I don't love it, though the automatic doors are amazing (but I feel sorry for the homeless person that always used to open it up :( - it doesn't really fit in the with rest of the market, the lights over the entrance on the hanging wood slab is pretty impressive, but again doesn't fit in well.

Thanks for all the input / inside information everyone.

Like you all I was (am) very much looking forward to this project, the north market is very underwhelming particularly given how great the actual market is !

We'll need to wait and see (and hope) :)

Speaking of the main market, anyone check out the new entrance. I don't love it, though the automatic doors are amazing (but I feel sorry for the homeless person that always used to open it up :( - it doesn't really fit in the with rest of the market, the lights over the entrance on the hanging wood slab is pretty impressive, but again doesn't fit in well.

Those doors are just too generic, they have no style. I don't like them. In a historic building like that, you need something a little more distinctive.

From last Thursday.

MarketWharf-Aug18,11(1).jpg

MarketWharf-Aug18,11(2).jpg

MarketWharf-Aug18,11(4).jpg

I had no idea there was a round floor plate on the south end. That should look interesting from the Gardiner.

Back