Toronto Market Wharf | 110.33m | 33s | Context Development | a—A

Today the parking lot SOUTH of Phase 1 is closed and their booth has gone. There are also people wandering around as though they might be starting to DO something. I assume the excavation for Phase 2 (the tower) is about to start.

Hoarding is up, heavy machinery is on site working away......

From yesterday. St Lawrence Market loses its view of Lake Ontario for good.
MarketWharf-June27,10(1).jpg

MarketWharf-June27,10(3).jpg

MarketWharf-June27,10(5).jpg

Thanks Ed and Jasonzed - the stretch of Jarvis from St. Lawrence Hall to the waterfront has so much potential. Can't wait for MW and the north market to complete this final stretch.

AoD

Wow, this is going up quick.
Not really, they started in November 2009 but don't forget there is little or no structure below ground so it went much faster than a 'normal' building. The (south) section - or Phase 1 - is only 8 floors (Shoppers Drug Mart, some condos and parking) and by my count they are at levels 5 and 6. Phase 2 (to the south, nearer the tracks), where they are driving piles ''as we speak' is 33 floors and again it will go up faster than normal as it also has little below-ground structure.

I heard from one of the sales agents that it will be a Shoppers Drug Mart -- I believe about 12,000 sf, or was it 20,000 sf?

The podium is the first phase and will be done by fall next year. I could not believe it when before they were doing foundation work not so long ago.
The second phase, the tower will be done the following year.

Back