Toronto Market Street Redevelopment | ?m | 2s | Woodcliffe | Taylor Smyth

Oh thank God! Phew! Most of us read this and thought that you had totally excluded young people from enjoying the space. It made us really uncomfortable. Thankfully a voice of reason piped in so you could explain yourself!

P.S. The LCBO and all of the establishments along here that serve alcohol will also be catering to children under the There Will Be No Places that Exclude Children or In Any Way Make Young People Feel that a Place is Just for Grown-Ups Act.

Yeah...after most of the afternoon down at the Amsterdam Brewhouse we weren't in the mood for a ton of food so we just shared the appetizer platter and the tandoori platter. It was all excellent. Near perfect patio weather too. The patios along there have a surprisingly private feeling to them considering how close people are walking by on Market St.

It'd be excellent if the Esplanade were similarly remade, especially since it's one of three streets in the area once paved with stone blocks, like in old Montreal and Europe.

Pastizza on the corner of Market and Esplanade has added a second patio on the Esplanade.

IMG_20141002_140650.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20141002_140650.jpg
    IMG_20141002_140650.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,400
Pastizza took a long time before it opened.. the pizza was decent, but the interiors looked good.

Does anyone have any information on what is going on with the new planters that were installed on Esplanade between Market St and Church? I expected them to be used this year, but they are still just filled with wood chips and weeds.

First casualty is the olive oil place which is now closed.

Yeah, it closed a few months ago, at the same time as their Leslieville location. Nice people and good products but there are only so many olives people can buy, I guess.

That was the only business on the strip that was pure retail rather than a restaurant or coffee shop. I look forward to something else going into that space that can make use of the patio. I'm sure it won't be vacant long.

Back