News   Apr 23, 2024
 187     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 921     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 296     0 

Toronto Maple Leafs

I have my TV off and my sports feeds muted this morning, but I guess I just can't escape reality. Ugh. Tear it down, trade the core for draft picks. I'm done.

As I said elsewhere, Marner, Matthews and Nylander only play when money is involved. Marner held out for a buttload of money because his daddy told him he was the best since Wayne Gretzky and to hold out for more..

I could see it all series, Marner and Matthews had zero desire to play while Nylander only had a minimal desire to play. All 3 of them thought it was a joke and were not the least bit physical. Marner was afraid to get hit and fanned on every shot he had. Matthews was not even trying while Nylander forgot how to play properly.

Look... they paid these guys millions upon millions of dollars to win. They are taking their money and laughing it up taking selfies on vacation with their buddies in the offseason.

They need to be traded, they need to be shown that this s**t won't fly elsewhere. Do you really think that teams like Boston, Pittsburgh, Vegas, etc would tolerate their s***? No.

I say expose the three to the draft and send a message. Show them that they are expendable.

This core just doesn't have any desire to actually try when it matters - no killer instinct at all and turn into boys amongst men. Marner (Marney, going forward, most likely) looked like a child, Matthews looked disinterested, but I thought Nylander played his best series of his career.

This was supposed to be the easiest road to the conference finals for the Leafs, yet they still managed to collapse.

Dubas did all he could to support the core with solid veteran additions, but now he has to shake up the core. Lowry and DeRozan were solid during regular seasons, but never got it done when it mattered, and Masai had to pull the plug. Tough decisions need to be made by Kyle Dubas this offseason, if he keeps this core as is, then the next 12 months will be nothing but a waste of time.

I just feel bad for Jason Spezza, he deserves better than this sh*t.

This core just doesn't have any desire to actually try when it matters - no killer instinct at all and turn into boys amongst men. Marner (Marney, going forward, most likely) looked like a child, Matthews looked disinterested, but I thought Nylander played his best series of his career.

This was supposed to be the easiest road to the conference finals for the Leafs, yet they still managed to collapse.

Dubas did all he could to support the core with solid veteran additions, but now he has to shake up the core. Lowry and DeRozan were solid during regular seasons, but never got it done when it mattered, and Masai had to pull the plug. Tough decisions need to be made by Kyle Dubas this offseason, if he keeps this core as is, then the next 12 months will be nothing but a waste of time.

I just feel bad for Jason Spezza, he deserves better than this sh*t.
I think Lowry+Derozan is a good comparison. A perfect comparison would be the alternate universe with the Cavs Lebron+Kyrie duo but Lebron couldn't get it done after Kyrie's injury.

At least the Leafs have until 2075 not to have a more dubious record of the longest time not winning the championship than the Chicago Cubs in baseball (it took 108 years for the Cubs to win the World Series since the last time they won it).

We are already the Chicago Cubs of the NHL.

Just disgusting. The Leafs remain an absolute joke. Even when they have a talented squad, play a solid season, and establish a comfortable lead in a playoff series, time and time again they magically snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Thankfully I only loosely follow their results and hardly ever watch any of their games, because it would be like Chinese water torture. I feel bad mostly for fans who are emotionally heavily invested in them and have to endure this indignity on an annual basis going on generations now.

🤣 😂 🤣 😂
IMG-20210601-WA0000.jpg

Well, at least the Leafs can now say they lost to the team that made it to the Stanley Cup finals...

That's what I said to my father. It's not necessarily that the leafs were bad but that the Habs were the better team.

You can't really blame the leafs at this point, the Habs are freakishly good right now.

For the 2nd time in 3 years. God the Leafs sure challenge one's sobriety.
Being a Toronto boy, I always root for the Toronto teams. However, I can't bring myself to watch the Leafs though - because of all the fiascos.

Last edited:

Back