Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

Apologies to DT-Geek.

This is very, very rough but the scale of these two (topped out) would look sumptin' like this ... from this POV.

No apologies necessary 3D, you rock man! :)

I guess the angled balconies on the east and west side got the axe. What surprises me most is that they were in the legdocs. I feel quite indifferent about it now though, especially with ice going up across the street.

I wouldn't count them out yet. As I recall offhand I think the pattern started nine floors up the tower or something like that, so it may be emerging any day now.

June 10

IMG_june-11-09-0032.JPG

IMG_june-11-09-0035.JPG

we are soon going to be needing vertical panos for this one....:D

fabulous pics, drum....

Those twin tower are rising neck and neck perhaps north tower will give up the race soon when reaches its 50th floor, the south tower will dominate the area for little while until Ice gets built.

Well originally it was supposed to be the taller of the two towers. Emporis and UB both had the south as taller. I always thought that was the case as well, until I saw the city document with the north tower as taller, so I really don't know what to think now.

IMG_june-12-09-0032.JPG

I can envision this area becoming a vibrant neighbourhood if there is retail at grade planned for these developments. Is this the case, or will this new neighbourhood just be dead space.

I think it will be pretty busy. Even with the construction going on, there's many people passing by either to get to ACC or harbourfront. There's also Sobey's at the foot of Queen Quay and York St. They might be going there too. Summer will be very busy especially with people heading to the island and stopping over to buy food and drinks at Longo's when it opens.

From PCL: Current Progress

(as of June 12, 2009)
Roughly 10 storeys of each tower remain having completed the 43rd floor on the north tower and the 41st floor of the south. Window wall is progressing well having reached the 34th floor in the north and the 33rd floor in the south. Balcony guardrails have commenced and have been completed up to the 17th floor of each tower. With residential suites nearing completion on the first few levels of each tower, consultant reviews have been scheduled to begin at the end of June. Drywall activities in the east galleria skylight have been completed and light fixtures installed. The bridge connection between the MLS site and the ACC expansion is now 100% glazed with only soffit installation and termination joint activities remaining. Elevator installation continues along with mechanical and electrical rough-in work.

WOW! Only 10 more floors to go. This thing is almost done!!

Will either MLS tower be taller than Success? I know the official heights say so but with only 10 more floors to go, Success still appears much taller. Thanks for the pics.

Back