Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

I don't get the criticisms of no retail and no amenities. There aren't any buildings yet!! Okay, there's a couple, but most of the neighbourhood hasn't been built. Of the existing buildings, Infinity and 18 Yonge have retail, or at least the provision for retail on the ground floors. Big improvement over most of the buildings in Mississauga City Centre right there. IIRC, both Maple Leaf Square and the Telus Tower will have street retail. The proposed development across from MLS has a weak podium (which will hopefully be redesigned), but it has retail on both York and Bremner. This area will be completely unrecognizable in 5 years, and will be more "downtown" than a lot of downtown.

^^^

If there's anything I've learned about this forum in my few months here, it is that patience is not in high supply.

April 5

2391424546_1db1746cae_b.jpg

Is that pic in Toronto or Dubai? Lots of cranes in that shot.

regardless of the comparison - thats a real frenzy of activity!

CSW - youve been getting some cool vantage points in recent shots!

I don't get the criticisms of no retail and no amenities. There aren't any buildings yet!! Okay, there's a couple, but most of the neighbourhood hasn't been built. Of the existing buildings, Infinity and 18 Yonge have retail, or at least the provision for retail on the ground floors. Big improvement over most of the buildings in Mississauga City Centre right there. IIRC, both Maple Leaf Square and the Telus Tower will have street retail. The proposed development across from MLS has a weak podium (which will hopefully be redesigned), but it has retail on both York and Bremner. This area will be completely unrecognizable in 5 years, and will be more "downtown" than a lot of downtown.

Ya...right...
Downtown Scarborough (wherever that is).....maybe.
Is it possible to recreate a mega '905' apartment complex in Toronto?

You bet!

Just stand anywhere on Bremner near Spadina and look around 360 degrees.
Now if we could just recreate a couple of small strip malls..

I think having a nice big office tower (telus) added to the area will really it out, moving it away from a '905' apartment complex

2nd floor going up in spots.

Back