Toronto Manulife Centre Podium and Streetscape Renewal | 9.75m | 2s | Manulife Real Estate | MdeAS Architects

20220419_210525.jpg
20220419_210555.jpg
20220419_210603.jpg
20220419_210639.jpg
20220419_210719.jpg

Which must mean this is considered an ICI sector job, so commercial in this case, otherwise the railings trade is one of the 6 that are striking in the residential sector right now.

*Quietly asks Mr. 42 if there is any word when this strike will be over...and hopefully over before the trolls start to infest The One thread again due to the lack of activity*

*Quietly asks Mr. 42 if there is any word when this strike will be over...and hopefully over before the trolls start to infest The One thread again due to the lack of activity*
The strike can go a maximum of six weeks, at which time they have to go back to work and an arbitrator takes over.

Eataly's street presence from the second floor is actually nice; the blue downlighting is.....fine........

The rest is regrettably banal.

I was not particularly taken by the previous appearance.........but I can't really say this is an improvement as viewed through the lens of exterior aesthetics.

It needed more opaque surfaces (stone, concrete, whatever) to add character.
This is the equivalent of an all glass condo facade / balcony where all you see is people's stuff / junk inside.

Do you have info on the max 6 weeks?
Front page story right here...

Steakhouse chain Earl's is coming to Manulife centre..............in 2024.

It will, apparently, have a patio.

A patio was indeed built where the Bloor Street Diner used to be. It's obvious Manulife wanted the space to be used by a restaurant again. But Earl's?? 🙄[/QUOTE]

Is this the only residential building built (and managed?) by Manulife?
They own more than a dozen smaller residential buildings throughout the country; I may be wrong but it looks like they only manage 44 Charles themselves (extremely well in my opinion!). For the others, they hire external property managers. And then there is the building they are planning at Church and Charles.

Back