Toronto Manulife Centre Podium and Streetscape Renewal | 9.75m | 2s | Manulife Real Estate | MdeAS Architects

I don't get your direction with this. How was filling in this forecourt any different from filling in the forecourt in front of Ashley or numerous other developments such the Yonge Eglinton Centre?

Well, it depends on how this plaza was sold to planning as it was proposed - personally I am not a huge fan of taking what is POPS and turning into developable space at a later date - and this isn't taking a strip of a blank space in front of a street.

I suppose the amenity might have been replicated atop the podium (as it was, and is now).

AoD

I totally agree with you if it was designated as public space as part of the 1960s planning for the complex.

As is, I don't recall it being as green from other angles or that used. The expanded podium stands in as a quiet respite for residents of 44 Charles and BMO to escape the concrete jungle. Of course, it's not available for everyone.

^Definitely. The podium oasis is also shared with BMO executives who have their bank positioned second from the bottom out of the Big 5.

Back