Toronto Malibu Harbourfront Condo | ?m | 32s | Malibu Investments | P + S / IBI

Wow!

I am literally beside myself now. After reading all this I am not sure what to make of things, but really I would like for anyone to show me ISRAEL AS AN ISLAND! this whole issue is a result of one INCORRECT comment. So please lets continue the thread with honesty, facts and truth.

So anyone here have units in Malibu? I remember when they first started selling those. I considered getting one but was not impressed with the finishes seemed cheap "No Frills" designs..

Any opinions?:cool:

cityplace, WHC, Malibu, WPC=gross. TipTop (and maybe that monarch Quay West?)=good and ok respectively. Pier 27=great but location sucks. Basically, most developments in Toronto do not impress me===boring "architecture" pathetic floor plans (curving pointy rooms what's the point?) overpriced garbage.

Stuff I wanted (and hope to see going forward) to see on the waterfront: X condos, 18 Yorkville, Burano, etc. Sophisticated 50+ story modern buildings; not garbage that belongs in Oshawa or London.

I am sick of being polite--why should we worship any development just for the sake of it going up? It's kinda like buying a Ford Taurus when the new 2008 Mazda 6 will be on sale soon--inferior product vs. superior product for about the same money (it's not the down payment that costs money it's the monthly maintenance fees--so many purchasers don't understand that.

end of rant:)

cityplace, WHC, Malibu, WPC=gross. TipTop (and maybe that monarch Quay West?)=good and ok respectively. Pier 27=great but location sucks. Basically, most developments in Toronto do not impress me===boring "architecture" pathetic floor plans (curving pointy rooms what's the point?) overpriced garbage.

The smart developers give the people what they want- cheap crap! Given that the buyers rarely if ever set foot in the units they really don't care. They also happen to be the most successful developers. Visionaries rarely outlast a housing cycles- it's the trashmen who prosper and take their licks in the downturn but survive.

Casaguy et al.:

I invite you to Google the phrase "Israel is an island". You will find it is used thousands of times, almost exclusively by supporters of Israel:

"Israel is an island of democracy"
"Israel is an island of reason, civilization and liberty within a sea of blind faith, primitivism and tyranny"
"Israel is an island of social and technological progress in a sea of poverty and ignorance"

I would suggest that you not be so quick to characterize harmless comments as bigoted or dumb.

Casaguy et al.:

I invite you to Google the phrase "Israel is an island". You will find it is used thousands of times, almost exclusively by supporters of Israel:

"Israel is an island of reason, civilization and liberty within a sea of blind faith, primitivism and tyranny"
"Israel is an island of social and technological progress in a sea of poverty and ignorance"

I would suggest that you not be so quick to characterize harmless comments as bigoted or dumb.
I'm not sure how those quote selections support your point? One of those comments is extremely racist, one is hypocritical (or ironic, pick one), and one is an outright lie. I would characterize those comments, as I'm sure everyone else here would, as bigoted and dumb.

what's the average Icelandic investor like? I hear they're into igloo condos;)

You know that would be very cool: a condo inspired by Canada's great outdoors! A giant teepee longhouse or igloo!

Toronto will never be Malibu (the car sucks even the 2008 Malibu can't compete with new mazda) so why don't we see the "T dot Lac Vu" condo?

You know what: I'm sick of condos. They're passé imho.

The future: bungalows inspired by post war stylings!

And enough about investor syndicates and condo investing. All this mess should be taken out of this thread.

Casaguy et al.:

Invite to Google?

There are many things that can be typed into google search about Israel that will give you thousands of hits, many of which are not very positive. So I would not use that as an argument. Google should not be used for factual information in any sense.

And at that lets continue talking about Malibu and not Israel/Occupied Territories. :eek:

This discussion reminds me...

I once had a boss, who, whenever he heard the song "It's Raining Men" always thought they were singing "Israeli Men! Hallelujah!"

True story.

This discussion reminds me...

I once had a boss, who, whenever he heard the song "It's Raining Men" always thought they were singing "Israeli Men! Hallelujah!"

True story.

LOL, that's hilarious. I guess sometimes we hear what we want to hear.

So anyone here have units in Malibu? I remember when they first started selling those. I considered getting one but was not impressed with the finishes seemed cheap "No Frills" designs..

Any opinions?:cool:

I have one. The finishes are very very standard, but I liked my floorplan, the building location, and the access to transit. I accepted the trade-off of basic finishes for a lower price point to get my foot into the housing market.

My plan is to save up while I wait for completion and do my own upgrades later.

Looking south.

Malibu topping off to the right of centre:

malibuwidefar.jpg

Back