Toronto M5V Condominiums | 118.87m | 35s | Lifetime | Core Architects

Sorry, I was mistaken. It wasn't Timberland, it was Columbia Sportswear.

It sounds like it isn't happening after all. So that opens the door for something probably much taller. Not to mention the two huge 40+ storey condo towers going up at King & Blue Jays Way. Needless to say, the east view won't last for very long.

Those 40+ storey towers won't happen at least for 5 years I think, and M5V should be ready within the next 2 years. so at least for the first 2 or 3 years they can enjoy the view

What happens when that outhouse "fills up" does the crane have to bring it down to dump it out? lol

My old office overlooked the Bay Adelaide Center's construction site. As the elevator core rose, a couple of outhouses rose with it. At least once a day, the tower crane would lower those outhouses down to ground lever to switch them out -- it did look quite funny seeing it lowered down 40 or 50 stories.

My old office overlooked the Bay Adelaide Center's construction site. As the elevator core rose, a couple of outhouses rose with it. At least once a day, the tower crane would lower those outhouses down to ground lever to switch them out -- it did look quite funny seeing it lowered down 40 or 50 stories.

Haha...I wonder if anyone was in there while it was being lowered. Sorry for going off topic.

DON'T PULL THAT LEVER ... LOOK OUT B-E-L-O-W ! ! ! :D

(sorry, couldn't resist)

solidly at the 2nd storey....pic by Jasonzed at SSC....

20091205105.jpg

good news i suppose...

I just received a letter from M5V stating that i have an appointment with their designer in Feb 2010 for the selection of finishes and colours.
Our move in date is confirmed for June 2011. I hope they stick to that, but knowing how condo construction always get delayed it will probably be pushed back some more.

This condo seems to be one of the slowest around. Week after week it just stays stuck at the second floor. Why is this one moving so slowly?

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but lower floors always move slower due to the complexity and non-standard floors.

I walk by the site almost every day, and they are working fast and furious on it. There's always a full crew hammering away. Like khris said, the first few floors are non-standard floorplates, plus they are larger than the tower above. It will take a while to get up to the tower portion, considering the size of the podium. Besides, the third floor is almost done now, from what I could tell.

I can't wait to see this thing finished off. If I'm not mistaken, this is TAS' first multi-unit project and, having worked for them in custom residential, I'm keen to compare quality of this project with their custom residential (which leave a lot to be desired).

Back