Mississauga M1 & M2 at M City | 197.81m | 60s | Rogers Real Estate | Core Architects

Interesting design, but I do wonder how well they will handle high wind loads. The angles may make it difficult to shed winds - could to get a lot of sway in these buildings I would imagine.

Interesting design, but I do wonder how well they will handle high wind loads. The angles may make it difficult to shed winds - could to get a lot of sway in these buildings I would imagine.
That is why they are incorporating liquid based wind mass dampers at the top of these buildings. Have a look at bangkok’ arial photos of M1 on the previous page.

Here is the vendor describing it:

https://ahcustom.com/tuned-mass-dampers/case-studies/m1-m2-m3/

"The M1 and M2 towers are nearing superstructure completion this fall, standing over 60-storeys complete with above and below-grade parking, interior and exterior amenity areas, as well as commercial spaces on the ground floor." - EllisDon

1661367378911.png

1661367404485.png

1661367419156.png

So those 2 big rectangles things are just going to be filled with water? Is there much more to it or is that how the damper works?

As per the last communication from builder - "The next communication and update that we send out will be when the M1 tower is topped off and will include an update and your final tentative occupancy date and we are expecting top off to happen approx July/August" . Did anyone hear any further update ?

It hasn't been topped off yet, so no. Probably in the next 2-4 weeks we will hear an update.
I guess it depends on what their official definition of topping off is. They have nearly finished the mechanical floor on M1 and just started building that on M2.

Back