Toronto Lumiere Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

I like the podium on this one.

Nicely done Torontovibe, your videos are great. For those who may not have the benefit of being able to visit, to stand and see these sites & how they fit into a given area video really helps to virtually place people there.
I really smell a success with Lumiere, it continues to impress with it's design and a fresh move away from floor to ceiling glass along with the materials that they are using here. Not that there's anything wrong with some glass buildings when done well (Telus, Casa, Spire, Murano etc.) but I just find Lumiere (and now Trump) really refreshing, along with a few others of course.

This is one hell of a street wall that Lumiere fills on the backside:

4320458979_2ec7e0902c.jpg

Feb. 4th 2010

Lumiere from my POV just north of RoCP (south of Murano)

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Feb. 8th Update

The crane from north of the site at Grenville St. and shots of the building facing Bay Street

Recent pic

(Plus a little action going on over at the cop shop hq.)

4374050335_5135fec792_b.jpg

I really like what the alternating pattern on the north elevation does for the Bay Street corridor when you're coming down it southbound. It's something far different from the other condos on that street... thank God... for once. :)

It's going to connect to College Park? Are you sure about that?! If so, that's very good news and quite a surprise!

Hi everyone,

I've purchased a unit in this building and even I was not aware of the (underground) connection to College Park!! But if that's the case, then awesome....

Hi everyone,

I've purchased a unit in this building and even I was not aware of the (underground) connection to College Park!! But if that's the case, then awesome....

I think that this was discussed already some time ago. Below, read the section under Lumiere.

I was reading a June 2009 commercial real estate newsletter this morning that said the developer is planning a "trendy 2200 SF cafe restaurant and would like to compliment this use with a small urban grocery store/home meal replacement store or other food use...." Would the Healthy Butcher work here? I could see an Urban Fare-styled place, or perhaps even some "ethnic" (British, Scottish? :p) food store.

Back