Toronto Lumiere Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

July 19th Update

From Bay Street

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

My god, progress is so slow on this one....why!!!???

I have purchased a unit in this building and am waiting for it to be done so that I can move to Toronto and start a 'new phase' of my life!

At this rate, I wonder if it'll even be done by the end of summer 2010!

If and when it's done, I'll have a gay urbantoronto and skyscrapercity members' party at my place....we'll discuss/critique Toronto's development first and then go to church street to discuss/critique Toronto's gay men.

Warmth,

Calgarian waiting to move to T.O.

Once they get another level or two up they'll get into the swing of it.
We'll keep you posted with photo updates :)

If and when it's done, I'll have a gay urbantoronto and skyscrapercity members' party at my place....we'll discuss/critique Toronto's development first and then go to church street to discuss/critique Toronto's gay men.

We'll be looking forward to meeting you!

6 August 2009 photo update

Good grief, but if it weren't for M/Burano and Lumiere (and those gov't of Ontario buildings), Bay Street would be a total aesthetic failure! Depressing.:(

dsc07037sez.jpg

beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . .

Burano, U, Four Seasons, and possibly even Lumiere will add some much needed flourish to this stretch of Bay. Also, the Sick Kids research complex and Trump will do their part further south.

Last edited:
And you can't even see ROCP in that picture!

Bay Street should come out on top of lets say, Queens Quay, in the battle of the better condo architecture. Bay street, for all of its many faults, at least benefits from various periods of residential development and a full mix of highrise uses north of Dundas. There are very few streets in Toronto with an average storeys count higher than 20 storeys and also a mix of office, residential, retail, institutional, cultural and recreational.

Good grief, but if it weren't for M/Burano and Lumiere (and those gov't of Ontario buildings), Bay Street would be a total aesthetic failure! Depressing.:(

Dickinson's Continental Can at 790 Bay (the site of early Dominion Modern exhibitions) is front and centre. You call that a "total aesthetic failure"?

Aug. 13 Update

As stated above, progress is slow. The last matching photo was almost one month ago

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back