Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

My only pet peeve here is that the dividers separating vehicles from bikes look like a cheap afterthought. So much attention put into the bridges themselves, but no attention put into the finishings.

Unless this is temporary?

My only pet peeve here is that the dividers separating vehicles from bikes look like a cheap afterthought. So much attention put into the bridges themselves, but no attention put into the finishings.

Four words: Union Station Jersey Barriers.

Not sure what problem you see: The barriers are metal and 'truck proof" on the vehicle side and wood on the cyclist side. Look pretty decent to me. What did you expect?

1665094419444.png

Not sure what problem you see: The barriers are metal and 'truck proof" on the vehicle side and wood on the cyclist side. Look pretty decent to me. What did you expect?

View attachment 431160
Something that continues the theme of the bridges for starters. The plywood and raw metal look aren’t doing it for me.

Something that continues the theme of the bridges for starters. The plywood and raw metal look aren’t doing it for me.

Agreed. That wood side looks particularly unfinished/temporary. Hopefully it's just a delay in materials?

What they showed in the renderings was a bit more... elegant

bridge1.png

bridge2.png

There's no way all those installed metal barriers are temporary imo.

As for the wood side, actually looks like it would reduce injury in a cyclist mishap, so makes sense.

Just needs a cool 110 metre (very skinny) graphic in paint or other... that complements the bridge design.

There's no way all those installed metal barriers are temporary imo.

As for the wood side, actually looks like it would reduce injury in a cyclist mishap, so makes sense.

Just needs a cool 110 metre (very skinny) graphic in paint or other... that complements the bridge design.
I’ll go by with some white Tremclad for the metal, and yellow for the wood.

Back