Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

They should keep the current Cherry Street Bridge open to pedestrians so we can continue to take these wonderful photos. Haha. I assume there will a path along the channel there to take similar bridge with skyline pics?

They should keep the current Cherry Street Bridge open to pedestrians so we can continue to take these wonderful photos. Haha. I assume there will a path along the channel there to take similar bridge with skyline pics?

In the future yes - both sides of Keating Channel are going to be public promenades.

AoD

Truly blown away by how thin those metal supports look from the side. For a moment I questioned whether they could really be structural, though I'm sure they must be. It's not just a beautiful bridge, but an amazing piece of engineering too.
It has been an exciting past six days !

How are they going to get the second half of this bridge in place? I assume they plan on using a barge again, but since the first part is in the way would they rotate it further to the west and then move it into place?

Also, do we have an estimated date for the second half? Or any of the other bridges?

Cant wait for the channel to freeze over, the white and red will look stunning.

How are they going to get the second half of this bridge in place? I assume they plan on using a barge again, but since the first part is in the way would they rotate it further to the west and then move it into place?

^ That seems logical, unless the 2nd barge needs to be sunk a bit after bridge rotation... to slide under the 1st bridge.

pxl_20201110_203351147-jpg.282170

kotsy

In the future yes - both sides of Keating Channel are going to be public promenades.

AoD

I have been thinking for a while that the bar right down on the Keating Channel called 'The Keating Channel Pub & Grill' must be licking their lips at how their location is going to be absolutely amazing in a few years. I have never been, walked by it plenty of times.

**waits for someone to tell me it is shutting down:D

I have been thinking for a while that the bar right down on the Keating Channel called 'The Keating Channel Pub & Grill' must be licking their lips at how their location is going to be absolutely amazing in a few years. I have never been, walked by it plenty of times.

**waits for someone to tell me it is shutting down:D
I've been to that pub once. It had a very odd vibe to it. The crowd was a strange mix of yacht owners from the nearby marinas, bikers and local bar frequenters from Regent Park. There is nothing fancy or posh about the place. It could best be described as a roadside watering hole. I can totally see this place getting huge traffic due to the makeover this area is getting, but the place itself needs to step it up too.

Good to know. Yeah, I was thinking that whatever the state of the place they should be getting ready for the change now

I know it as a huge hangout for carps, grips, painters and others who work at Pinewood and Booth Avenues as well as other local film and television studios. Those people love it for its unpretentiously shabby vibe. In the summer it's pretty nice to be outside, so close to the water. Horses for courses I guess.

Back