Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Finally got over there with my dslr today!

KOT_0556.jpg
KOT_0526.jpg

I said tag the steel supports before they're floated off back to Dartmouth, Mr. kotsy. Now we're gonna have another several derailed threads about the unscrupulous bombings of newly minted structures... >.>

...great sunset shots though! <3

I said tag the steel supports before they're floated off back to Dartmouth, Mr. kotsy.

I suck at requests! It's probably why I don't DJ anymore 😝

...great sunset shots though! <3

Thanks! I wish I had gotten out there earlier in the week. We've had some really spectacular sunsets lately that I've completely missed shooting 😭

Most of the public realm preliminary design ideas are great. The only quibble is the "rolled curb" between cyclists and pedestrians which I think invites bike vs.strolling collisions (via last second pedalling detours ;)).

I’d like to understand why Lake Shore needs 6 lanes east of the DVP. Is there really that much traffic? Reducing that roadway would do wonders on the “traffic calming” front. As is, I hate crossing Lake Shore.
You clearly missed the "Gardiner-East Teardown" discussions. (there are pages and pages on UT). Of course the area is a mess but many of us tried to improve it (and had limited success which will be happening sooner or later.

I remain confused (again?) as to why they keep talking about the Harbour Lead Rail Line. From everything I hear elsewhere, Ports Toronto and CreateTO are in final stages of abandoning it (and it is now blocked off on east side of Don River.) Frankly, I would like to keep it operational (in the median as is proposed) but I think 'someone' needs to decide if it will actually exist and if it won't then update these plans and schedules to remove it.

Back