Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Question to the group - I wonder if the initial plans now take into account the recent floods we're seeing around Lake Ontario? Looking at the above pictures, there doesn't look to be much wiggle room if water levels go up much further.

Remember the main threat isn't the lake - it is the river - and I believe Villers will be graded to accommodate much higher water levels along Keating and the new river valley.

AoD

The Villers lands to be raise 1-1.5 m

The City is holding a Community Consultation meeting to present the outcome of the Port Lands Zoning Review Study and provide an opportunity to answer your questions and to share your comments.

Details are as follows:
Date: July 30, 2019

Time: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

Place: Ralph Thornton Community Centre

765 Queen Street East, Toronto, Ontario M4M 1H3

A little hard to get a decent shot, but this is demolition south of the intersection of Commissioners and Don Roadway.

20190728_181332_HDR.jpg

That's an old studio that's owned by Pinewood. Many a film and series has been shot in that space over the years. I don't know if Pinewood is going to replace it with a new building further east or what. Originally I had heard that they were going to take down their jumbo stage, but I was wrong, - this much older building is the one my colleagues were referring to. It must have had some prior industrial use; pretty sure it was never purpose-built for the film and television industry but it's been serving in that capacity for a couple of decades or more.

Back