Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

The Preservationist

Member Bio
Reaction score
I remember 50 years how badly this area smelled of soybean processing, dead fish and other undetermined smells. Looks like a good consolation prize for what they should have done with the central waterfront. Two thumbs up.

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
July 1
Waiting for the bridge supports, South side piers are further back from the channel than the north side

skycandy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Working my way south...everywhere I look there's so much going on. The water truck is working overtime to keep down the road dust!!

Villier_1.jpg

Villier_2.jpg

Villier_3.jpg

Villier_4.jpg

Villier_5.jpg

Villier_6.jpg

Villier_7.jpg

Villier_8.jpg

Two from east side, although I could have taken a dozen...

Villier_9.jpg

Villier_10.jpg

Nice to see this wee boat here...seemed to be picking up flotsam and jetsam in the harbour...

Villier_11.jpg

Making the grade. Must have been on a short break when I snapped here. They were busy just prior and afterwards.

Villier_12.jpg

globalexpress

Member Bio
Reaction score
Anticrepuscular rays over the Lower Don Lands redevelopment. Super wide shot taken from our balcony in Toronto's Distillery District recently one evening. View looking south-east over the rail corridor and Gardiner Expressway East. The triangular shaped Storm Water Quality Facility (under construction) can be seen left of centre. Anticrepuscular rays are a meteorological atmospheric phenomenon that occur opposite sunset. Only had enough time to grab my cell phone.

20200627_205608 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
Anticrepuscular
Anticrepuscular rays over the Lower Don Lands redevelopment. Super wide shot taken from our balcony in Toronto's Distillery District recently one evening. View looking south-east over the rail corridor and Gardiner Expressway. Anticrepuscular rays are a meteorological atmospheric phenomenon.

View attachment 257754
Love the shot; bonus points for using the word Anticrepuscular in a sentence!

cd concept

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know what those four huge white looking tents are used for in the fourth last photos on the previous page ?

Last edited:

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
It would be great if there were a cable-stayed bridge in any of the designs.

The only cable-stayed bridge in Toronto is the John Street Bridge leading to the Rogers Centre.
I dunno, maybe we could save that for the Don Mills to Coxwell bridge I have in mind.........

44 North

Member Bio
Reaction score
More on the bridges - including construction details - from the WT blog:

AoD
The first of these bridges, the LRT bridge for Cherry Street, will be barged from Halifax in one piece and placed over the Keating Channel with a crane.
Well that's unbelievably neat. Bringing a bridge by ship from the Maritimes.