Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

I remember 50 years how badly this area smelled of soybean processing, dead fish and other undetermined smells. Looks like a good consolation prize for what they should have done with the central waterfront. Two thumbs up.

July 1
Waiting for the bridge supports, South side piers are further back from the channel than the north side
50073912187_74c925ff80_b.jpg

50073099233_2afaa35b5f_b.jpg

50073099428_50698799c1_b.jpg

50073099663_264c1b1d12_b.jpg

50073666366_39858a597b_b.jpg

50073911962_5f468624b7_b.jpg

Working my way south...everywhere I look there's so much going on. The water truck is working overtime to keep down the road dust!!

Villier_1.jpg

Villier_2.jpg

Villier_3.jpg

Villier_4.jpg

Villier_5.jpg

Villier_6.jpg

Villier_7.jpg

Villier_8.jpg

Two from east side, although I could have taken a dozen...

Villier_9.jpg

Villier_10.jpg

Nice to see this wee boat here...seemed to be picking up flotsam and jetsam in the harbour...

Villier_11.jpg

Making the grade. Must have been on a short break when I snapped here. They were busy just prior and afterwards.

Villier_12.jpg

Anticrepuscular rays over the Lower Don Lands redevelopment. Super wide shot taken from our balcony in Toronto's Distillery District recently one evening. View looking south-east over the rail corridor and Gardiner Expressway East. The triangular shaped Storm Water Quality Facility (under construction) can be seen left of centre. Anticrepuscular rays are a meteorological atmospheric phenomenon that occur opposite sunset. Only had enough time to grab my cell phone.

20200627_205608 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Anticrepuscular
Anticrepuscular rays over the Lower Don Lands redevelopment. Super wide shot taken from our balcony in Toronto's Distillery District recently one evening. View looking south-east over the rail corridor and Gardiner Expressway. Anticrepuscular rays are a meteorological atmospheric phenomenon.

View attachment 257754

Love the shot; bonus points for using the word Anticrepuscular in a sentence!

Does anyone know what those four huge white looking tents are used for in the fourth last photos on the previous page ?

Last edited:
It would be great if there were a cable-stayed bridge in any of the designs.

The only cable-stayed bridge in Toronto is the John Street Bridge leading to the Rogers Centre.

I dunno, maybe we could save that for the Don Mills to Coxwell bridge I have in mind.........

More on the bridges - including construction details - from the WT blog:

AoD

The first of these bridges, the LRT bridge for Cherry Street, will be barged from Halifax in one piece and placed over the Keating Channel with a crane.

Well that's unbelievably neat. Bringing a bridge by ship from the Maritimes.

Back